• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nra4ever

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    Indy
    You can get a new Kubota with zero percent financing for 60 months. That’s how I got mine. Good luck on the new place.

jkaetz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I have an opportunity to borrow up to $15,000 for 18 months at 0% interest. There will be a 3% transaction fee should I decide to take advantage of this free money. My question is two fold.....

2. We have been searching for a new home for the past year. If we find what we're looking for I am prepared to make two mortgage payment for a couple of months if required to buy the new & sell the old but this will require a new mortgage which currently should not be a problem but if I were to take advantage of this offer I'm certain it would impact my credit score potentially negatively impacting my ability to qualify for a second mortgage(?).

Please discuss......
    I know you already tossed the offer and have the house thing in process but I can offer you some reference on what it did to my wife's credit score. One of my wife's cards actually offered us one of those things with 0% interest and NO fee. I read it four or five times thinking I missed something. After that I promptly wrote the check to myself for the limit and dropped it in our bank account. We didn't need it and never ended up using it so at the end of the term it just went back to the card. It dropped my wife's score about 15 points I believe taking it from low 800's to ~790 while the balance was out. Went back up after we paid it off. If your credit was good to start with I doubt it would have prevented you from getting financed. Possibly requiring one of the silly letters to the underwriter saying "I am going to pay this off before the interest is due...".

woowoo2

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Jeffersonville
    Back in the day, the US mint had a program where you could order dollar coins and pay for them with a rewards credit card.
    With free shipping, one could clear 2-4%. But... unloading the coins became an issue.

Last edited:

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Back in the day, the US mint had a program where you could order dollar coins and pay for them with a rewards credit card.
    With free shipping, one could clear 2-4%. But... unloading the coins became an issue.
    I made a bunch of money at 5% cash back doing that, until they stopped allowing it.

nra4ever

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    Indy
    Just for shirts and giggles BTC was at $6200 when I said buy it. Today it’s at $7300. I’ll check back in 1 year and see where it’s at. Then at 18 months.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Just for shirts and giggles BTC was at $6200 when I said buy it. Today it’s at $7300. I’ll check back in 1 year and see where it’s at. Then at 18 months.
    Its still not a sure thing. Its a risky investment if it fluctuates that much. I dont do that kind of trading. Btc I mean so it's not my thing.
    When someone asks advice on money they can't take a chance on losing I'm gonna be very careful how I answer them. I have investments options that I'm 90% sure theyd earn at least 8% in 12 months but it's not a sure thing. And as you know there are other pieces that are gonna come out of that pie besides his 3%.
    Tomorrow your BTC could be back down to 5000 and you cant guarentee it wont. I hope your investments make you rich I truly do. I hope everyone's does.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Fortunately for me that'll fall into my wife's realm. She's leased a horse for my daughter for the past six years and I'm sure I don't want to know how much that has cost.
    WOW! At least it’s easier to roll back the odometer on a horse if you go over your lease miles!;)

Top Bottom