• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Good for you sir!

But seriously, an active shooter scenario as you described, would be total chaos once people figure out what's happening. You're not popping off rounds, so I think it's a fair bet that any other gun owner you encounter will probably recognize that youre NOT the bad guy. And as far as police are concerned, it's doubtful they will have arrived before you, either are able to escape the danger, or have to confront it yourself. If you hunker down, then I would suggest calling dispatch, describing yourself in detail, and letting them know you are armed.

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    Me? I am agreeing with Kut here. For most people who carry, I say find an exit and GTFO of there. This is why I don't carry only a pocket gun. If you have the tools, training, and bravery to run toward the gunfire, go for it. Save some sheep.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    ...You're not popping off rounds, so I think it's a fair bet that any other gun owner you encounter will probably recognize that youre NOT the bad guy...

So you think no one will be pointing guns at anyone with their gun out after shots have been fired?

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    Be aware of the +1 rule. If there is one shooter, there is probably a 2nd. If you are up to confronting a shooter, go for it. When the police arrive, don't have a gun in your hand and do exactly as they say.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    If you hunker down, then I would suggest calling dispatch, describing yourself in detail, and letting them know you are armed.
    Hello dispatch?.I'm hunkered down in Walmart..I'm an armed civilian wearing a leopard print tank top and a thong.. Don't shoot me!

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    As someone posted up-thread: leave. Nearest exit.

If the gunshot was "from the other side of the store" as posted, I don't know if I would draw or not. Not like I am going to shoot someone that far away in a busy store.

Do people still shop at WalMart?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    As someone posted up-thread: leave. Nearest exit.

If the gunshot was "from the other side of the store" as posted, I don't know if I would draw or not. Not like I am going to shoot someone that far away in a busy store.

Do people still shop at WalMart?

Loosely defined, but yes "people" shop there.

Top Bottom