Not open for further replies.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    I've met several people off this forum and not once have I thought the guy was an *******. Some of you are so wrapped up in this runner mentality and it's sad. Instead of accusing the guy and giving him other sites to visit, why not embrace him and show him INGO is way more than a classifieds section?

PM inbound new member and possibly (gasp!) friend.

A feller who's been through the wringer speaks!

Hey ITF! How goes the Blazer refurb?

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I have read the input here with interest b/c I was in your boat 13 months ago.
    It had been a delightful journey but has been fraught with some difficulties early on, in getting to know the culture here, but well worth the process.
    They have a very precise way of doing things: few rules but they must be obeyed. :laugh:
    I am old and a rule-keeper from my youth, yet I got in trouble b/c of not getting the "letter" of the law here, but I found patience and understanding and redirection here during my "orientation" process, of which churchmouse was a primary "tutorer." I received "infractions" early on (something I'd never experienced in my life being the one giving the "infraction" in my professional school-teaching career. :rofl:
    I was only here at first b/c it seemed to simply be another source besides Armslist to find guns to buy/sell and that was why I got involved.
    I found sooo much more and I love this site and if I am allowed to say, I love/like/respect many of the wonderful guys here who have been so helpful.

Yes, there are those who didn't play well with others in kindergarten here, but that is the any online club, and having been in a car club for 8 yrs. prior was a good preparation for the negative people who will treat you with a disrespect that you can't believe and in my younger years would have gotten in their face (I'm more mature now, ha!), but it is rare here (a more mature group, imo, than in a car club).
    My job teaching 6-12 grades in 5 different decades, working with teens prepare you well for the the rigors of "online chat."

I was advised early on that if you pay $20 to become a member here in INGO, you can b/c a member and begin to buy/sell before the 50 posts (designed to keep or at least slow down the undesirables attracted to just the Classifieds, which is how I originally got started). Plenty of those on Armslist. :wallbash:
    Enjoy your journey: read, ask questions, be open to input, listen and learn. I do every day.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis

1. Thanks for speaking up. :thumbsup:
    2. I thought the "greeting" was "half-a-bubble" off myself. Probably trying to scare off getting another member like me showing up and won't go away. :rofl:

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Aug 4, 2017
    Fishers

Waiting on the carpet to get delivered and still looking for some leather seats to magically appear from a junk yard. Everything else has come to a screeching halt with the garage being in the upper 80's to low 90's lately.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Waiting on the carpet to get delivered and still looking for some leather seats to magically appear from a junk yard. Everything else has come to a screeching halt with the garage being in the upper 80's to low 90's lately.

IKR! The garage is supposed to be my next area of renovation on my home and it's just too hot in there. Especially since I have to do some work in the attic. I don't even want to venture what the temps are up there.

My clays bars melted into a puddle!

I'm having an electrician come out next week to give me a quote on adding a small sub-panel with 1-2 120v circuits and 240v. I am seriously considering getting one of those in-wall heat/cool units. If I can keep the temps around 45-50 in the winter and 80 in the Summer, it would be much better.

To the OP; see sometimes we don't even talk about guns! Welcome!:)

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Aug 4, 2017
    Fishers
    IKR! The garage is supposed to be my next area of renovation on my home and it's just too hot in there. Especially since I have to do some work in the attic. I don't even want to venture what the temps are up there.

My clays bars melted into a puddle!

I'm having an electrician come out next week to give me a quote on adding a small sub-panel with 1-2 120v circuits and 240v. I am seriously considering getting one of those in-wall heat/cool units. If I can keep the temps around 45-50 in the winter and 80 in the Summer, it would be much better.

To the OP; see sometimes we don't even talk about guns! Welcome!:)

I have an in wall heater and I've always considered myself manly enough to work in the heat but this year, I just can't. I'm tossing around whether or not to buy a portable ac unit so I can get back to work.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I have an in wall heater and I've always considered myself manly enough to work in the heat but this year, I just can't. I'm tossing around whether or not to buy a portable ac unit so I can get back to work.

My shop has a 2 ton wall unit and gas heat. I have not ran the A/C in near 15 years. Always toughed it our with the peak fan (exhaust) and the 3' fan on a pedestal. But this year the heat/humidity are just more than I want to deal with.

GREEN607

Master
    Rating - 99%
    99   1   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    INDIANAPOLIS

I bet you could find someone who knows where they can get them..... around 40th and Sherman in INDY.....

Welcome to the madness, DustyMck !

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    depositphotos_11570430-stock-photo-bad-smell-smiley.jpg

Is that the faint smell of a shill account?

Am I too suspicious?

Hmmm . . .

jeffsqartan

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2012
    I won't lie, I paid for the membership earlier this year because there was something on the classifieds I was interested in... I'm generally a lurker in all of the forums I'm on and don't post often, nor do I like to interject for no reason or if what I thought had already been said. Essentially, 50 quality posts would have taken me quite some time. As you can see, I'm still not there and I've been a member for quite some time (even prior to January).
    But hey, at this point I'm on several times a week to see what's going on, gain some more knowledge (if I'm lucky), and occasionally ask questions about new hobbies I've taken up in the gun world (reloading).

Hopefully you'll stick around and enjoy it here!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom