• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sbnewsom

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 6, 2008
    St. John
    Couple weeks ago a few buddies and I went out to bust some clay. And wow was it fun. Now I'm addicted. We just had a little thrower but I did have the chance to shoot trap last weekend. My second set of 25, I got a 17. Can't wait for trap at MCFG Thursday night. Guess its time to start saving up for a nice O/U.

Here are a couple pics. :ingo:

5f1d5c4a570f01db3a0dc2f0356437a7.jpg

a604197daea0ee84547de3563213b844.jpg

b6e2ee8fe7ce4f72576c21c51def6558.jpg

And one more sexy Russian

972198d769c3b2fd8a47de86ec40ad43.jpg

Lonestar6

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    You look like you are having s lot of fun. I have been wanting to try trap. Moving targets are more sporting. Where in Central Indiana can you do this? I do not recognize the acronym you used above

Thanks in advance.

sbnewsom

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 6, 2008
    St. John
    You look like you are having s lot of fun. I have been wanting to try trap. Moving targets are more sporting. Where in Central Indiana can you do this? I do not recognize the acronym you used above

Thanks in advance.

I know that Marion County Fish and Game has trap on Thursday nights from 6-10 pm. It's over on the west side. On Saturdays I'm going to try Brownsburg Conservation Club.

I have been to Kingry (sp?) before. It's out in mt comfort.

I'm going to try MCFG on Thursday if its not too cold. Let me know if you feel like going. We will go figure it out together.

PGRChaplain

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Waynedale (FT Wayne)
    Welcome to the Clay Bird Sports! When looking for an O/U Gun be sure the Barrels are split. I learned this years ago with an Ithica/SKB Mod 600. On a windy day the solid barrels act as a sail.

tyler_durden

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 14, 2011
    Westfield
    I believe I'm becoming an addict too. I got a lesson last week and indiana gun club from Bob Self. Excellent teacher. It was nice to get the basics down now I'm looking for a little nicer o/u that will last a lifetime.

He let me shoot a browning o/u of his that he said had over 360k rounds through it. It still shot great.

Osobuco

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Sep 4, 2010
    I believe I'm becoming an addict too. I got a lesson last week and indiana gun club from Bob Self. Excellent teacher. It was nice to get the basics down now I'm looking for a little nicer o/u that will last a lifetime.

He let me shoot a browning o/u of his that he said had over 360k rounds through it. It still shot great.

Bob is a great guy! I took a couple lessons from him about 8 years ago now. really improved my form and my scores!

zinx

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 17, 2008
    Castleton
    When you get bored with trap (about 5-10 minutes), give sporting clays a try. Its easier to get addicted to than heroin.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    If you want to get a little faster/further birds with a little plastic hand thrower, stop by good will and buy a junk gold club. Cut the head off so you have 2 to 2-1/2 feet of handle, screw it to the plastic throwing handle. With practice, all that leverage gets a lot of speed and distance. I quit using my spring loaded trius trap entirely. Clay target shooting is fun, every shot gives you immediate feedback (and hopefully a score) Good Luck

Roscoe38

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 7, 2010
    seriously thinking about trap shooting...How effective will my mossberg 500 be on a trap range.. talking equipment, not talent.. I do pretty good in IDPA. I know two different worlds.

Top Bottom