• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    I am curious if anyone has used one or a similar product to burn wood pellets.

My test will be in a true fireplace but it has custom steel doors that fully seal with a gasket just like a stove or insert. Strangely I have yet to find anyone even up here who has heard of things like this, let alone used one. I would have made one myself but lightning usually strikes more than once and if you have a good idea, others have had it too and maybe already acted on it.

This is the one I ordered, they shipped same day, will arrive soon. The Pelleteer, wood pellet firebasket for wood stoves.

There are a lot of reasons to want to burn pellets in something other than a true pellet stove. If it works I may try to rig up a secondary burner like the one shown here. Some Greeks still have their Capitalist genes. Pellet Basket Vernon

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I am interested in something that makes the pellets. I wonder if creating a towable machine that people can rent for a time would be a feasible business model. I hope to have a lot of grass I could make pellets out of but don't have a press.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2009
    Southern, IN
    Interesting. I'm sure you could get saw dust dirt cheap as a raw material. The production rate was 1/4 ton an hour for the PTO tractor driven pelletizer. Wonder what the yield is on that? Definitely could be a sensible energy alternative.

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    Interesting. I'm sure you could get saw dust dirt cheap as a raw material. The production rate was 1/4 ton an hour for the PTO tractor driven pelletizer. Wonder what the yield is on that? Definitely could be a sensible energy alternative.

All the videos are great. I love the idea. What they don't show us is the material prep work. Sawdust and grass look like the easiest materials to use. When it comes to leaves and cardboard you will have to have some kind of shredder.

Top Bottom