• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    I saw it tonight for the first time. Not bad. Will Smith needs to learn to shoot his AR though. Seemed like he resorted to the typical Hollywood shoot from the hip without aiming approach all to often. Also, did he have UTG rail covers on his main AR?

wetidlerjr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2008
    TIPTON
    I saw it tonight for the first time. Not bad. Will Smith needs to learn to shoot his AR though. Seemed like he resorted to the typical Hollywood shoot from the hip without aiming approach all to often. Also, did he have UTG rail covers on his main AR?

He is portraying a doctor after all so not being a combat type might really fit his character better. I thought it was a well done update of the original Heston picture. :patriot:

Slow Hand

Master
    Rating - 99.3%
    146   1   0
    Aug 27, 2008
    West Side
    Funny, I was just wathing it yesterday. I think it's pretty impressive that the batteries in his weaponliht lasted three years. That and the gas in the bad azz Mustang hasn't gone bad and totally clogged up the injectors. Guess he must have stocked up on Sta-Bil!
    Interesting movie, though, just have to give it some slack, like most of Hollywood these days!

Doug K

Bendrx

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    East Indy.
    Haven't watched it in a while. I recall it having a very good story line though. If it's got a good storyline, I can accept "Hollywood Guns and Physics" for the most part. The never ending magazines is what really gets me, that or a 25 round revolver. If there are cut scenes I just pretend they reload while I"m not watching. Might have to dig it up and watch it again today.

Duce

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Delaware County
    I Am Legend is a remake Omega Man with Charlton Heston which was a remake of Last Man On Earth with Vincent Price (sp).
    Movie makers are running out of plots or writing talent.....One or the other...Duce<><

RelicHound

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    SW IN
    I Am Legend is a remake Omega Man with Charlton Heston which was a remake of Last Man On Earth with Vincent Price (sp).
    Movie makers are running out of plots or writing talent.....One or the other...Duce<><

I think its a bit of both. some remakes are pretty good {IMHO} but there hasnt been anything "new" in years.

dhdoug

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2010
    hancock county
    decent movie. books are almost always better. prolly cuz we get to use our....whats that thing................oh...imagination/minds. darn pesky television.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    Don't remember seeing Omega Man, but I have I Am Legend as well as Last Man On Earth. I would love to get the books and compare them.

Greatestsin

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    Morgan Township, NWI
    Omega Man and I am Legend are based off of the same book, I am legend by Richard Matheson

Actually, i've never even heard of last man on earth until now. Is it based off the same book too?

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    Last Man On Earth with Vincent Price is similar to I am Legend. I have heard that all three are the same movie, although years apart in the making. It is in black & White and was made in 1964.

According to IMDB it is based from the same novel. Like I said the two that I have seen are very similar.

Now I have to start looking for the book and the other movie.

Greatestsin

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    Morgan Township, NWI
    Last Man On Earth with Vincent Price is similar to I am Legend. I have heard that all three are the same movie, although years apart in the making. It is in black & White and was made in 1964.

According to IMDB it is based from the same novel. Like I said the two that I have seen are very similar.

Now I have to start looking for the book and the other movie.

It is probably still on Netflix Instant queue for those who utilize it. I just watched Omega Man on it a couple weeks ago

Top Bottom