• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • armedindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    my father is a scientist, and i take after him in a lot of ways...most of all i love experimenting, dissecting and examining things...and since i love guns...alot of it has to do with guns.......wellllllll heres where i get "stupid" i often end up cutting, burning or pinching myself in the name of my own curiosity....anyone else deal with the pains of curiosity?????:rockwoot:

Vince49

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2010
    Indy urban west.
    Youngsters!

I did when I was a pup. I have since learned that I can garner the same information by standing back (at a safe distance, such as this forum) and observing others, such as yourself, mutilate or immolate themselves and witness the results. :rolleyes: :D

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I am dismantling my AR and in the process of removing the retaining pin and spring assembly the holds the recoil spring in place. Sproing, zip and the retaining pin and spring are gone. I look up the parts in the Brownells big book of parts (the holy grail) and order a spring kit. It arrives and I reassemble the AR. I am cleaning up the shop and there is the missing spring.
    Same thing happened on one of my 1911's. Safety and slide retention pin retainer zipped out and was not to be found. Same process with Brownells and found the pin sping 2 days after the new part was in the gun. Have spares now.

jason765

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    Henry County
    As an adolescent I often found myself "seeing" how far I could bend something before it broke, then being mad about it breaking. Yep I had issues.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    I am still missing parts of two of my guns I took apart for whatever reason.
    ^^^this^^^

I found that a clear plastic bag from a comforter has enough room to work in and usually catches the small piece that would otherwise shoot clear across the basement into the litter box. Do I neglect to use it sometimes after I went to the trouble to save it? Yup.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    ^^^this^^^

I found that a clear plastic bag from a comforter has enough room to work in and usually catches the small piece that would otherwise shoot clear across the basement into the litter box. Do I neglect to use it sometimes after I went to the trouble to save it? Yup.
    That's a good idea! (assuming you use it) Almost like your own little hazmat booth... :):

Top Bottom