• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    Friend of mine a few miles away has the one crazy neighbor syndrome like I do...

His crazy neighbor wins hands down to mine. Two days ago, tearing apart a junk trailer home on the side of his trailer home, the crazy neighbor set his back woods on fire. He was burning the wood and scrap from the trailer to get to the copper and metal frame to recycle.

If the wind was different, my friend would have lost his barn and garage. The local VFD put it out and left. He started up the fires again, but the burned out woods prevented him from doing any further damage.

If times get tough or the SHTF, will the crazy neighbor, be the biggest threat to your safety? How will you deal with it?

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    At my parents house, there's a couple neighbors that worry them sometimes.

They've been waiting for the plywood mansion next door to burn down for years.

Icarry2

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Nov 14, 2010
    Franklin County, VA
    .22 LR spressed behind the left ear from 100 yards. OOPS! did i just say that out loud? lol Just kidding folks, really, there are better choices..

I AM JUST KIDDING!! I WOULD NEVER KILL A NEIGHBOR, the cops would suspect me automatically...

Last edited:

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    The summer we bought the house, I started pulling out the overgrown bushes that filled the flower beds and burning them in my burn barrel. My neighbor saw how much nicer my place was looking, so decided to do the same - but skipped the pulling and placing in the barrel part. Lit the darn thing on fire will still planted next to the house! Managed to scorch the siding before hosing it down. Had the local fire department hanging out in the street waiting for him to torch the house.

SHTF, most of my neighbors will cease to be a problem within weeks, all on their own. I just need to out last them.

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    SHTF, most of my neighbors will cease to be a problem within weeks, all on their own. I just need to out last them.

Have to agree with you there.
    Be prepared, be vigilant, keep your heads down and your ammo dry. Those who have the right mental state will always outlast those who don't. Even if the 'don'ts' have everything.

Bazooka Joe

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    South Central Indiana
    Friend of mine a few miles away has the one crazy neighbor syndrome like I do...

I think we all have those. One of my manys older kid was walking with his morbidly obese girlfriend and thought it would be cool to throw a road kill squirrel in my yard at my dog. (Which his emaciated body, probably from cooking meth, was unable to gather enough strength to do.) I watch all this without them even being aware that I was there. Soon after they left I went out with a plastic bag to gather said squirrel and dispose of it. All the while same thought was going through my mind. (Outwit and Outlast)

seanamus

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    my crappy neighbor got kicked out of their house, last i heard they are living in a trailer park where they belong, at least i don't have to hear their kindergartner running around screaming the F word :ugh:

thankfully all the rest of my neighbors are nicer quiet older people :)

csaws

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Morgan County
    I am in the same boat as seanmus (thankfully all the rest of my neighbors are nicer quiet older people :)) well aside from my crazy neighbor is still there pitbulls and all.

Lead Head

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2011
    Northeast Indiana
    It's good to know I'm no alone with this crazy neighbor thing. At least my other neighbor is totally the opposite and is great to hang out with. He has a lot of food stored up and I will be more than happy to help him defend it. :popcorn:

Any way, the crazies are the first to run out in the street and start shooting in the air yelling words like "yankee and rebel" and all other sorts of misunderstood and misused historical statements.

Save a bullet for the rabid pitbull. Did I just say that ? Yes I did and I'm sure I will say something like that again.

yepthatsme

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 16, 2011
    Right Here
    It's a shame that people live their lives without using their minds, but as everyone else has suggested, they will be the first to perish. Just make sure they don't take you with them.

seanamus

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    Me too, because I'm a prepper, a gun nut, a bitter clinger, right wing conservative, and tea partier....:dunno: They leave me alone so I leave them alone (and will continue to do so even after the shtf).

dont worry, if shtf they will suddenly become devout Christians and they always just misunderstood you and they will bring over their two cans of food and share them with you if you share with them lol

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    dont worry, if shtf they will suddenly become devout Christians and they always just misunderstood you and they will bring over their two cans of food and share them with you if you share with them lol
    I'll share with them, for their two cans of food, they will each receive a new body piercing and 123gr of lead.

Last edited:

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Most of those close to my house are older, pretty decent people, but about a mile east of here is meth head central. That area, and it's inhabitants, would be a concern to me in a SHTF situation.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    The obviously crazy ones aren't the ones that worry me.

It's the ones that seem normal and rational when everything is going well. There are quite a few democrats in my HOA, that would feel the need to redistribute my stuff should something happen. I don't even have that much.

Top Bottom