• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ggglobert9

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 6, 2009
    Ft Wayne
    I don't know about anyone else, but speaking only for myself, I am sick of hearing about it? This is INGO. We have some amazing LEO members. Quite a few, I know personally. What if something like this were to happen to one of them? As a collective, we gather our resources for sick members and their families. Even a prayer helps when nothing else can physically be done. I am not encouraging us picking up arms or trying to incite any further form of violence, but we can put our heads, hands, guts, and God given ability towards doing something! If there is equipment, training,anything that we could help to mitigate any more violence or terrorism towards even one LEO, I say it's time! Please think on this and let's get our almost booming 40,000 members thinking. Also thanks to all the aspects and members of Public Safety for all you do!

Last edited:

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    I don't know about anyone else, but speaking only for myself, I am sick of hearing about it? This is INGO. We have some amazing LEO members. Quite a few, I know personally. What if something like this were to happen to one of them? As a collective, we gather our resources for sick members and their families. Even a prayer helps when nothing else can physically be done. I am not encouraging us picking up arms or trying to incite any further form of violence, but we can put our heads, hands, guts, and God given ability towards doing something! If there is equipment, training,anything that we could help to mitigate any more violence or terrorism towards even one LEO, I say it's time! Please thing on this and let's get our almost booming 40,000 members thinking. Also thanks to all the aspects and members of Public Safety for all you do!

Biggest best thing we can to is raise our children to respect our LEO's. Raise them to respect laws. And not to skirt the ones we don't like. And the next time you hear some asshat knock LEO's ask them who are they gonna count on when we no longer have people that want to be LEO's. Set them straight.

What would this country be without law enforcement? A f'ing mess. It's getting sh*ttier by the day. We have hate groups that want free reign to do what ever lawlessness they want. And youth that are to ignorant to realize they are being used to further a cause that is trashing our society.

The recreational drug users are running this country into the ground. Passing liberal laws hasn't and won't make things any better. It's made things worse. The issues between the black community's and LEO's seem to stem/start around thugs & gang bangers selling that crap. It's easy to see what it's doing to the community's, black white or what ever race. How is making drugs legal going to make daddy stay at hope and be a responsible adult? Help mommy raise the kids. It won't. I fail to see the logic in new laws. I guess I am not liberal enough. Never will be.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Biggest best thing we can to is raise our children to respect our LEO's. Raise them to respect laws. And not to skirt the ones we don't like. And the next time you hear some asshat knock LEO's ask them who are they gonna count on when we no longer have people that want to be LEO's. Set them straight.

What would this country be without law enforcement? A f'ing mess. It's getting sh*ttier by the day. We have hate groups that want free reign to do what ever lawlessness they want. And youth that are to ignorant to realize they are being used to further a cause that is trashing our society.

The recreational drug users are running this country into the ground. Passing liberal laws hasn't and won't make things any better. It's made things worse. The issues between the black community's and LEO's seem to stem/start around thugs & gang bangers selling that crap. It's easy to see what it's doing to the community's, black white or what ever race. How is making drugs legal going to make daddy stay at hope and be a responsible adult? Help mommy raise the kids. It won't. I fail to see the logic in new laws. I guess I am not liberal enough. Never will be.

I'm not picking on you, I'm just using this as an example of what I was talking about in another thread. This thread is about police officers being attacked. You essentially point the finger at the black community. I have issue with that given some of the more recent officer killings have been perpetrated by non-blacks. Your words come off as if this thing is solely a black problem, and all blacks are confined to the ghetto.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    I'm not picking on you, I'm just using this as an example of what I was talking about in another thread. This thread is about police officers being attacked. You essentially point the finger at the black community. I have issue with that given some of the more recent officer killings have been perpetrated by non-blacks. Your words come off as if this thing is solely a black problem, and all blacks are confined to the ghetto.

We see what we want I guess, I read his post as pointing at drugs not blacks as the root problem

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend

If you read my post you would read it as I wrote it and finished with my next sentence "It's easy to see what it's doing to the community's, black white or what ever race." Read past the first thing that pisses you off. And yeah I did point a finger. At all community's. And I in no way did I referenced any "ghetto". Where did I insinuate that? You're reading something I'm not typing.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    If you read my post you would read it as I wrote it and finished with my next sentence "It's easy to see what it's doing to the community's, black white or what ever race." Read past the first thing that pisses you off. And yeah I did point a finger. At all community's. And I in no way did I referenced any "ghetto". Where did I insinuate that? You're reading something I'm not typing.

I did notice the sentence after the one I bolded but, you did find some reason to add the part I'm questioning. If it wasn't something that you wanted people to take note of, then why was it included in the first place? Your post would've read fine, and kept to the "spirit" of what you are now stating, without it.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    So we can't talk about tension between the black community and police now? WTF is black lives matter about then?

I was just going to say the same thing. But along with that, the bulk of the tension wouldn't have happened if the media were honest in reporting. In every high profile case they first reported outrageous things that were simply untrue. Michael Brown never surrendered and never had his hands up. He threatened the cop. But they believed the outrageous narrative because that's what was reported first, and that's what fed the righteous indignation. And they still believe the original narrative.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    I did notice the sentence after the one I bolded but, you did find some reason to add the part I'm questioning. If it wasn't something that you wanted people to take note of, then why was it included in the first place? Your post would've read fine, and kept to the "spirit" of what you are now stating, without it.

Are you saying there ISN'T tension between members of the black community and law enforcement? Are any members of the "white community" calling openly for the assassination of police officers at this time? Obviously these aren't the only tensions existing in our society right now, but they're the ones getting the most national attention, so I am a bit confused as to why you've gotten your hackles up over someone bringing them up. Seems like one of our biggest problems these days is the fact that people don't feel comfortable stating unpopular opinions or going against politically-correct dogma. While tact is almost never out of place in discussions of issues, we need to start being honest about the problems we see in society.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend

Maybe I added it because you failed to see?? I am thinking you are thinking I'm a raciest?? It's the only think I can think of. And you are so so wrong.

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    I was just going to say the same thing. But along with that, the bulk of the tension wouldn't have happened if the media were honest in reporting. In every high profile case they first reported outrageous things that were simply untrue. Michael Brown never surrendered and never had his hands up. He threatened the cop. But they believed the outrageous narrative because that's what was reported first, and that's what fed the righteous indignation. And they still believe the original narrative.

the media has a narrative and/or reports things in the sensational way that gets attention

We all know of several high-profile conflicts between police and black suspects

But this week when a white man and his dog were both shot in his own home by 3 police officers, the media didn't mention race. Turns out it was 3 black police officers. I personally don't think it was racial. I think it was a big screw-up. But can you imagine the reporting if 3 white cops had entered the home of a black man, and shot both him and his dog without provocation?

The point I guess is that the conflict between some urban black neighborhoods and police officers is being fueled by reporting and by politicians. It's bad enough the conflict exists; it's sad that those with the power to improve it are instead benefiting from making it worse.

5.56'aholic

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    <- tragic boating accident
    Same here. I think Kutnupe14 is projecting.

A comedian once said; "look at the people having children, then look at the people you think would be good parents, that is why American is failing." Obviously paraphrased and i cannot remember who said it, but it rings of some truth. This is not a racial thing, but a direct result of problems and failures always being someone else fault. No one is to blame for their failures unless they have a deep pocket book, then the mobs come out demanding payment. What we have is a nation of greed and jealousy, plain and simple. Why work hard and sacrifice when you can lie, cheat, steal, and sue your way to the american dream.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Just stopping in on another high tension thread.

Problem is, what we see is so much black on white and black on black hostility. It is mainstream in your face.

Media is not truthful or even knowledgeable in the reporting. It is all hype designed to grab ratings.

That said........It is BLM that is pushing this and acting on it. Yes, there are white criminals. Yes, the are out there. Not heard of them hunting LEO.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Clearly there's an issue so here's something to consider I picked up on another forum. We preach situational awareness so watch an officer's back! See a cop pumping gas in his police car, watch his back. See him doing a traffic stop, pay attention to what's going on around him. See him in a coffee shop (or Dunkin Donuts :):) be aware of his situation. He's got a target on his back more than ever. We have breakfast almost every morning with an officer. I have his back and he knows it. But then, I'm a retired LEO and never sit with my back to the door so it's my normal. Make it yours!

They (whoever they are) aren't assassinating plumbers and electricians.

Top Bottom