• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Can you elaborate on this? Sounds interesting.

DHG1 class in June 2004 at Thunder Ranch, Texas.

Female dermatologist from Texas took a pistol round off the berm and it sliced her cheek open; I do not know how deep. There was some blood.

She stopped bleeding, cleaned wound and glued her face together. I do not know what kind of glue but assume it was Super Glue-ish.

That night she was at dinner (Cowboy Steakhouse in Kerrville) with no apparent sign of injury visible to me.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Add me to the list of those that are glad you're all right. Man, that was close!

Thanks for sharing and hopefully I learned from your mistake.

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    1st & Foremost, the Only thing Injured was your Pride (and skivvies). Live Fire Training Exercises are just that, to eliminate Bad habits Under Stress. Glad that no blood was spilled, Stay Safe & Keep Shooting :patriot:

bingley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    Dermabond, probably. Good stuff to have around the house and in the bag.

Maybe some EMT types on the forum can answer this, but my understanding is that Dermabond is basically superglue. Superglue was originally developed as a means of giving instant suture. That didn't exactly work out, but people found other uses for it. The main difference between Dermabond and your generic superglue is that the former is much more expensive and supposedly "safer" for medical applications, even though the chemical composition is the same as superglue. In other words, try it at your own risk, but you'd probably be OK.

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    Maybe some EMT types on the forum can answer this, but my understanding is that Dermabond is basically superglue. Superglue was originally developed as a means of giving instant suture. That didn't exactly work out, but people found other uses for it. The main difference between Dermabond and your generic superglue is that the former is much more expensive and supposedly "safer" for medical applications, even though the chemical composition is the same as superglue. In other words, try it at your own risk, but you'd probably be OK.

They're similar. Dermabond generally doesn't irritate your skin like superglue does/can. It's FDA approved (who cares?). Another option is... vetbond? I think that's what it's called. I *believe* it's exactly the same compound as dermabond, but made for animals and about half the price of dermabond. Superglue would definitely do in a pinch and is MUCH cheaper than dermabond. Many people have used superglue just like dermabond.

Top Bottom