• ...and so much more!
  • DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Like the Springfields he has/has had?

It just seems, to me, that you may be more focused on the ‘what ifs’ than what people report/experience. I’d look at that If no one is reporting issues with Springfields holding up, does it matter what they will or won’t fix?

I have read several places over the years (not a lot) about Springfield Armory 1911 having cracks around the slide stop hole. So it happens. Those were 45acp. 10mm is a whole different beast.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I have read several places over the years (not a lot) about Springfield Armory 1911 having cracks around the slide stop hole. So it happens. Those were 45acp. 10mm is a whole different beast.

And those were Brazilian made MilSpecs. The cheapest ones off the line and one of the reason SA brought the manf. back to the USA among other QC issues from the Brazil made guns.

My brother......please read this from what I see and not as a knock on you. You seem to dwell in the what ifs way too much my friend. The thread on Warr. you started a while back. Of course you are free to do and think as you will. I get it. But I have never seen a SA fail in this manner. I have seen Rocks and the other cheap a** island offerings fail in metallurgy but never an SA. Again not saying it could not happen.

Build one. From scratch. Use it like a hammer. Have a ball. And even then something might get tweaked but hell, you built it, fix it...:):

NN4upn6.jpg

iSTP3Hl.jpg

aRU7ZWt.jpg

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Loved that movie! Especially since I spent 13 years in that very industry.

And Tommy is right; warranties are fine. Some companies put a good warranty on their items because they are confident the quality is so good that they won't have to use it.

Other companies build a so-so quality product and throw an attractive warranty on it so they can sell more.

I'd rather not have to ever file a warranty claim. But at times I have had to. That is when CS comes in play. A warranty may be the legal document, but a customer service rep who is empowered by their company can do that they have to do to make the customer happy.

CS can make or break a company. I only own one SA firearm and it was out of warranty on it as soon as I worked on it anyway.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I just got a rep that has no clue what they are talking about.
    I ask
    "So if factory ammunition isn't recommended to fire in your firearms tell me what can be fired in them that your warranty will cover if it breaks?"

Response
    "I think the weight of the bullet may be the worrisome thing. I am not saying it won’t function, and it may work out ok.

Thanks, Drew"

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    ... a customer service rep who is empowered by their company can do that they have to do to make the customer happy.

CS can make or break a company.

100% agree, especially about empowering CS reps to do what they can to assist customers. Makes all the difference.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    I ask
    "So if factory ammunition isn't recommended to fire in your firearms tell me what can be fired in them that your warranty will cover if it breaks?"

Response
    "I think the weight of the bullet may be the worrisome thing. I am not saying it won’t function, and it may work out ok.

Thanks, Drew"
    Sounds like Drew might be on spring break at Springfield. His dad probably took him to work and told him to answer some of these emails, and don’t get me fired. :dunno:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I ask

Response

Thanks, Drew"

OK now with that you should full well know they are lost.

Top Bottom