• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HavokCycle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Zionsville
    imported by century arms. ive had good luck with my other century stuff so i have hope for this one. very good working condition but it didn't seem like it'd been lubricated since it left Spain. someone added a railed handguard which i dunno that i'm happy with, and a folding stock, which while is rather functional on a battle rifle, looks like generic tapco crap.

i'm hoping that by the weekend i can put some rounds downrange, even tho .308 is still rather pricey.

MPH

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2011
    <~NOT a 'Baker' unit
    I enjoy my CETME. I was lucky and got it when they were fairly inexpensive ($400) for a .308 battle rifle. I didn't like the crappy black plastic furniture it came with so I went to Cheaper Than Dirt and got an original wooden and also a green plastic furniture set. Goes on easier than all get out and shooting it's fun. :)

12many

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Jan 29, 2011
    over there
    I had one for awhile, shot pretty good. My best advice is to not let anybody stand on the ejection side of the rifle, they shoot the empty casings out like rockets!

I had one several years ago and never had a problem. It had a scope and was a tack driver (or as well as I could shoot it anyway). Ditto on the casings. My son and I were at attebury with it one day and there was another guy and his son to our right getting showered. I let 'em both shoot it and it was all good. I got rid of it when I got my first AR to keep my wife happy, but now I wish I had it back cause I will never be able to replace it for the $400 I paid for it. Oh well, the things we do to keep the better half happy. Enjoy, I think you will be happy with it.

Dustzilla

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2013
    Indy
    My friend had a CETME (not sure of the maker). His was both accurate and reliable. I miss that gun... er I mean that guy :). I hear if you get a good one keep it and if you get a bad one ditch it ASAP. Have fun shootin'!

Last edited:

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    I've heard reloading the casings is pretty much a no go due to the fluted chamber. What a shame because 7.62x51 is in no way cheap.

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    I've heard reloading the casings is pretty much a no go due to the fluted chamber. What a shame because 7.62x51 is in no way cheap.

Yes, the Cetme I had dented the crap out of the casings. I got rid of mine because it didn't do anything my AR or AK couldn't. And they shoot softer and cheaper! Mags were dirt cheap, and as long as the rollers and headspacing are good they shoot pretty well. I'm not much on the HK style sights myself so that was a negative for me as well. :twocents:

geronimojoe85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 16, 2009
    87CE1681-EFA1-42F3-A51B-009412483152-14432-0000094E18157609.jpg

geronimojoe85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 16, 2009
    And that's not really fair either, if say 90% of their stuff is good, but that other 10% freaking wow. You could tell that some we're slapped together after a liquid lunch on Friday.
    Unless you can physically inspect it yourself it's too much of a risk to order one IMO

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    Id like to shoot one. Ive thought about getting one a couple of times, but the idea of it beating the heck out of brass an possibly not being able to use it after kinda turns me off to the idea. Does anyone know if these rifles will feed steel case ammo reliably?

IndianaRob

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2012
    Ft. Wayne
    Cetme's handle steel case as well as brass, steel case probably better. Make sure to check your bolt gap. Make sure the bolt head is not ground. Magazines should lock in rather well to help with feed issues. I would not over lubricate this system due unwanted build up in the rollers and flutes. I believe that these port buffers should help with brass destruction and the long range ejection, http://hkportbuffer.com/index.html
    I also use the smaller grain bullet weights as opposed to the heavier match style ammo. There are some good videos on this rifle and it is worth the time to get familiar with your new friend.

Enjoy and Congrats:ar15:

HavokCycle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Zionsville
    in similar news, **** on G3 magazines. they fit, but not until you take a file to them. my magwell looks like it bows in on one side and probably doesn't help much, but the real spanish CETME mags fit perfectly so i i use that as the standard. shooting tomorrow.
    regardless, they all cycle well, at least while doing it manually.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I recently acquired one of these and it runs well. It has the standard stock and the collapsible one. Busting 12oz beer cans at 100 yds with it last time out.
    I did have to pull it down and clean it completely when I first got it but we do that anyway. I was surprised at the recoil being so controllable after shooting my socom 16 and then this piece. Except for the weight it is a hoot to shoot.

Edit...it does fling the casings out a good distance. Popped my son a few times before he found a safe place to stand.

HavokCycle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Zionsville
    shooting report - the railed handguard started coming off. i brought it home, cut on it a bit and it fits better. still don't like it.
    recoil isn't bad at all. loud as hell, got a lot of notice.
    fired flawlessly. only 100 rounds but no failures whatsoever, with wolf ammo.

here's the bad news - it MIGHT be able to hit the broad side of a barn. could barely hit paper at 50 yards. i couldn't tell if it was consistent. i'm thinking about putting a red dot on and see if its the sights or the barrel, i just hate to rip it off my AR because that one is a nail driver.

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    here's the bad news - it MIGHT be able to hit the broad side of a barn. could barely hit paper at 50 yards. i couldn't tell if it was consistent. i'm thinking about putting a red dot on and see if its the sights or the barrel, i just hate to rip it off my AR because that one is a nail driver.

Before you go to all that trouble, you need to find out if the POI/POA is just off, or if the groups are large.

If you haven't sighted it in, that's all it probably needs.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    thatjimboguy
    Top Bottom