• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    I had the idea to build pistol/rifle range for the last year and I finally acquired everything I needed to do so.

I am able to shoot 200 Yards at all of these steel plates.

The Full size Torso, 2 8" circles, and 12" circle on the right side are all Bobcat Steel products.
    The left side is steel that was given to me as a present from my brother for Christmas. They were made by a company in Texas so i'm interested to see how they will hold up to Bobcat Steel.
    All targets are 3/8" AR500 Steel.

imagejpeg_0.jpg

loudpedal

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Parc Fermé
    Wow

Looks like you have a great brother, and a nice place to shoot.

My INGO friends and I will all stop by tomorrow (no need to make lunch for all of us.)

Hope you have plenty of parking space. ;)

The Drifter

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 20, 2013
    Cedar Lake
    The big Question issss, will you have enough bullets for all the fun. Even tho I reload I would have a hard time staying away from the fun. Really nice tho,tough to find good places to shoot in N.W. in.

boileralum

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 6, 2010
    Indy
    Looks fun. However, maybe it is just the angle of the pic, but it looks like you don't have much of a backstop, and are essentially shooting over the top of a valley beyond those trees. Be safe!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    Thanks for all the compliments. I'm pleased with how it turned out and it must be the angle of the pic because behind the setup is a hill, and about 600 yards of cornfield past our land.

Now I need to come up with some other targets to fill in the gaps!

yote hunter

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 27, 2013
    Indiana
    Looks good .. my buddys dad has a range on his farm we shoot at. he used RXR ties and fence posts, no steal plates tho. but it work good were just shoot'n at shoot n c targets... Nice set up you got there. will tell my bud about it maybe we can work something up like that...

CitiusFortius

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    NWI
    Always jealous of these.

Ditto, would love to go out on my own land to pop off a few. Gets old going to ranges, paying the fee, dealing with other people. Maybe when I get enough equity in my house and save a little, my next house will have some land. OP, enjoy it!

Top Bottom