• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • disengaged

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 16, 2009
    Madison County
    I was out coyote hunting and called in a bobcat! It's the first time that I have ever witnessed a bobcat in the wild! I thought it was a real privilege. I snapped a quick pic of him with my phone, but the quality isn't very good...

bobcat.jpg

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I saw a badger this past deer season in Tippecanoe county.
    This is the first badger I've ever seen in person in my 55+ years (on again/off again)in Indiana.

I'd like to see a bobcat.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Great that you called him in, they're shy, but becoming more common in Indiana.

DocIndy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Mar 30, 2010
    Franklin
    Not sure what I would do if I ran across a badger in the woods. They sure are not the most pleasant critters!

Porter

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2014
    Putnam Co
    There are getting to be a lot of bob cats in Indiana I found one road kill and have seen several while deer hunting.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    Great work calling one in.
    I didn't know that Bobcats were finally making a slow, but steady comeback in Indiana.
    That's very good news, a sign that there's enough small game for them to hunt.

disengaged

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 16, 2009
    Madison County
    He responded to cotton tail distress. Came in pretty quick, stopped about 10 yards from my decoy (the decoy didn't seem to interest him much). He sat by the tree a minute and then wandered off. He had his winter coat, but I'd guess he was around 40lbs.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    He responded to cotton tail distress. Came in pretty quick, stopped about 10 yards from my decoy (the decoy didn't seem to interest him much). He sat by the tree a minute and then wandered off. He had his winter coat, but I'd guess he was around 40lbs.

Very cool. We got some response Friday night to Cotton Tail in distress in one location, but nothing moved in. We tried a mad housecat call and got some action in another spot, but again nothing would come into range.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013

Very cool... Has the cotton tail distress been working well with yotes too?

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Not sure what I would do if I ran across a badger in the woods. They sure are not the most pleasant critters!

I didn't do anything but sit there and watch.
    I was 15 feet in the air, so I wasn't really too worried about his disposition.

kolob10

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    Beautiful Southern Indiana
    We have a couple around the farm here in Brown county. Very reclusive and normally nocturnal. Seem to be a bit easier to call in than coyotes. I guess they don't have the nose that the coyotes have!

M4Madness

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Springville
    Great work calling one in.
    I didn't know that Bobcats were finally making a slow, but steady comeback in Indiana.
    That's very good news, a sign that there's enough small game for them to hunt.

We called in one while coyote hunting on the Crane base a few years ago, and I have seen five different ones while deer hunting various properties in multiple counties. I had one walk under me a couple of years ago and return about a half hour later with a fox squirrel in its mouth.

throttletony

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    nearby
    We have a couple around the farm here in Brown county. Very reclusive and normally nocturnal. Seem to be a bit easier to call in than coyotes. I guess they don't have the nose that the coyotes have!

they definitely don't have the nose, but they have great eyes, and they'll take their time coming in (10-30 minutes stalking towards sound), whereas most yotes come in range and keep coming until they smell that it's a setup

Top Bottom