• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • melomania

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2008
    Since December I have been debating on which of these two to get and I cannot decide. For the XD, I am looking at the .45 compact and for the Glock, I am looking at the 21SF and 30. I will be carrying probably 3-4 days out of the week but I also want something I can have fun shooting at the range. Opinions?

NateIU10

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Maryland
    Have you held/shot both? Either? It's a pretty personal decision, no one on here can tell you what gun is best for you.

TomN

'tis but a flesh wound!
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Elkhart
    Go to a range that rents both of them and shoot them side-by-side, don't just pick them up at a gun store and say "Oh this one feels better, I'm going to get that!". Find out which one not only feels better in the hand but which one shoots better for you.

Lars

Rifleman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Cedar Creek, TX
    Get a Hi-Point. You'll save yourself a bundle of money! I hear rumors they are the best thing since sliced bread, cure cancer, and create world peace.

ok, now that the Insanity has left me. I carry a Glock. I was a pretty hard core HK guy, and regularly recommended Glocks to people even then. Inexpensive Magazines, Holsters are available from everyone/Everywhere, Mag carriers are on the shelf at most gun stores, etc etc etc.

There are a lot of reasons to buy a Glock even if the XD Feels or Shoots better.

*The above is purely the opinion of the author and should not be taken to be the Word of God, or any other form of expert testimony.*

colt45er

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Avon, IN
    Doesn't matter what the Mall Ninja's tell you. You can't go wrong with either.

I personally prefer the feel of my xdm over any glock that I have ever touched.

To me, you can learn to shoot any gun, but if it doesn't fit your hand right, who cares.

Crystalship1

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2008
    Oaklandon, IN.
    Since December I have been debating on which of these two to get and I cannot decide. For the XD, I am looking at the .45 compact and for the Glock, I am looking at the 21SF and 30. I will be carrying probably 3-4 days out of the week but I also want something I can have fun shooting at the range. Opinions?

TomN and Dogman have given you great advice. Ignore the brand worshipers. I'm an XD guy but Glocks are fine pistols too. :rockwoot: :patriot:
    :cheers:

Grizhicks

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    New Palestine
    I'll 2nd wildfiresrozes, give a good look at all 3 (Glock, XD, M&P). While I shoot an XDm-9, my daughter has a M&P-9c and it shoots better than my XDm (at least for me). All are great guns. -- Greg

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    Syracuse, In
    Go to a range that rents both of them and shoot them side-by-side, don't just pick them up at a gun store and say "Oh this one feels better, I'm going to get that!". Find out which one not only feels better in the hand but which one shoots better for you.

TomN has a good answer the one you want is the one you are comfortable (and most accurate) shooting.

I've seen a lot of folks spend money on a firearm only not to want it after they had been to the range with it.

Find a try before you buy shop and you'll know for sure.

That said I've had many handguns and carry a Glock, Have a Glock by the bedside somewhere. and another stashed around the house. All .40 cal oh and I am thinking about buying another Glock!

Did I mention I like the Glock!!

Have fun Happy shooting!:ar15:

Top Bottom