I carried for the first time ever today.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hdfb03

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Indianapolis, IN
    I have to say, it felt somewhat natural...if that's the word I'm looking for? I understand this is a big responsibility, but until I purchased a holster I hadn't really thought about it much. As I was getting ready this morning to head out and do some last minute Christmas shopping (yea I'm a procrastinator) I started to think, "Will someone confront me today if they see my gun?" "Will I be asked to leave a store if an employee sees my gun?" "What will my reaction be if someone does confront/ask me to leave?" Most importantly, "Will I need to use my gun today?" This may sound a little silly, but I have a habit of over thinking things usually. I am happy to say though, it felt good. Not good as in I felt a sense of entitlement, or badassness or anything like that, but I felt very....comfortable.

This isn't a huge deal or anything, just wanted to share my first time. Hope everyone has a great Christmas and is able to spend sometime with their family!

Mrs Evilwrench

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2012
    I felt the same way when I first walked out into the world as an armed citizen! No one said anything to me, and I think maybe I was just a little disappointed about that! But I agree that it felt comfortable. Now how secure am I that I will have the wherewithal to use it if TSHTF? That's a comment for a whole different thread!!

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    I have to say, it felt somewhat natural...if that's the word I'm looking for? I understand this is a big responsibility, but until I purchased a holster I hadn't really thought about it much. As I was getting ready this morning to head out and do some last minute Christmas shopping (yea I'm a procrastinator) I started to think, "Will someone confront me today if they see my gun?" "Will I be asked to leave a store if an employee sees my gun?" "What will my reaction be if someone does confront/ask me to leave?" Most importantly, "Will I need to use my gun today?" This may sound a little silly, but I have a habit of over thinking things usually. I am happy to say though, it felt good. Not good as in I felt a sense of entitlement, or badassness or anything like that, but I felt very....comfortable.

This isn't a huge deal or anything, just wanted to share my first time. Hope everyone has a great Christmas and is able to spend sometime with their family!

No, I think it is a big deal. I'm happy to know that there's one more responsible gun owner carrying on the streets out there.
    Thanks for sharing and keep the faith.

TheRude1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 15, 2012
    INDY
    Glad to hear you lost that cherri
    You made it home so you must have had a good day.
    Personally my sidearm is like my peter, I go no place without it and if I am ask to leave, thats cool-later and that will be the last time I step foot in that place ever again
    But with my build and my CC I have never had an issue, wallyworld to banks

Just keep your eyes open and be aware of your surroundings and what is going on around you at all times but at the same time enjoy your day !

The barrel of a gun can deal justice and it can deal serious trouble. Thats up to you

:twocents:

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    lol there you go, have to give you a hard time! After a while it will be weird to not carry, I feel weird if I don't have my pocket knife or gun, its like forgetting your keys or wallet.

(Did anyone notice the wallet reference)...

Edit: Almost forgot, someone will be along shortly to tell you how open carry is wrong yadda yadda yadda and more lib stuff that they say.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    I think by six they've outgrown it; it's the five year old girls... I remember my first time, [STRIKE]she came over to my pl[/STRIKE]I felt like I was radiating some kind of field that would get me noticed, and I'd be driven out in shame, torches and pitchforks kind of thing. Well, maybe not that extreme, but until it became normal I was just waiting for someone to call me out. Since then, I still CC, but kind of sloppy so I've been made a couple of times, no problems. I do feel naked without it; we even use that term to the confusion of the children. It's not even conscious anymore, it's just there... something I can reach for if I need it. I do tend not to go places I'm not allowed.

dmarsh8

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    Katmandu
    That's awesome. Now get a good gun belt if you didn't
    and go burn some powder. Educate and train.

Last edited:

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I did the same over the weekend. Got my LTCH on Friday and on Saturday I picked up a Blackhawk Serpa while at BGF and decided to carry the rest of the day. Have carried since, aside from a family Christmas party on Sunday evening.

pack-indy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    109   0   0
    Mar 2, 2011
    Shoshone NF
    Congrats on stepping into the light :yesway: Most people these days are so oblivious to their surroundings, they hardly notice when people open carry right next to them. I agree with a previous post...a good belt and some training are must haves. Those too will make you have an "ah ha" moment.

Shay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Indy
    This is exactly right, since purchasing my first pistol I have realized more and more how quickly a life can be changed (on either side of the gun).

I hope you'll seek out some quality training. It will improve how you perform if you ever need to use a firearm for defense.

Congratulations on your first incident-free carry day.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    We're supposed to carry these things in public? No way! Seriously though. :welcome: to the club OP. Now go forth and carry and for heaven's sake try not to intimidate anyone.

Carry on. :patriot:

Top Bottom