• ...and so much more!
  • tgallmey

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 11, 2011
    New Haven
    And I think it looks great!

This is my Mossberg 590 Special Purpose that I bought used about a month ago for $275. It came with a Knoxx SpecOps 6 position stock with a Pistol Grip. I don't care for Pistol Grips on my shotguns so I ordered a non matching Birch stock set from Havlin Sales[1] from a Mossberg 500. I think the the finish is close enough to not refinish it but I may in the the future if it bugs me. The Forend fit was too tight but a little elbow grease with a bit of sandpaper made it fit. The stock went on without much fuss but the receiver does stick out a little around the sides of the stock which bugs me but what can I do. The Stock set didn't come with the hardware so I made a replacement from the local hardware Store.

I'm not finished with the shotgun yet. I plan on getting a M7 Bayonet for it for the lawls in the next week. The local Surplus Store had them for $60+$20 for the scabbard which is way too much IMO. I need to drill the stock for a sling swivel stud and getting a stud for the front. The sling I'm considering is a M16 style green nylon sling. Then I will be buying a Mesa Tactical Side Saddle but I still haven't decided whether I want the 6 or 8 shell holder. I'm leaning towards the 8 right now. After that I will be considering a flashlight and mount but that's a ways off yet and I haven't done much research on it yet.

UXRwvrb.jpg

casgaVe.jpg

philbert001

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 4, 2012
    Allen County
    Looks very nice. Really like the heat guard. I am more a tactical weapons guy myself, but that wood looks very nice.
    I'm with him!^^^ I have the 18.5" 590A1, with a speedfeed pistol grip A2 style stock, and am quite happy with it, but that really does look nice with wood furniture! You might have me thinkin!

Top Bottom