• ...and so much more!
  • IndyGal65

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Speedway, IN
    So I bought a new Ruger 10/22 Takedown Backpacker rifle a week or so ago. The gun breaks down to a very manageable size and I was able to cram it almost all the way into my range bag. The top of the bag has a dual zipper closure, which I thought I had tightly secured. No sooner did they assign me my bay number and I walk in to the shooting area, the gun FALLS OUT of my bag. On to the floor. With an amazingly loud clatter. Thankfully, the RSO didn't freak out; he just had me take my rifle to the shooting bench. I apologized profusely and he was decent to me about it, although he was probably doing a giant internal eye roll, and I wouldn't blame him one bit. The lesson here is to always use a rifle bag no matter how small said rifle is.

Man, I really hope I don't end up on a YouTube video about gun fails. :facepalm:

IndyGal65

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Speedway, IN
    Meh. Stuff happens. That's why I chamber check everything going into and coming out of cases.
    Yeah I don't go in with loaded mags in the weapons. But other folks didn't know that at the time. Thankfully, it wasn't real busy at the time. I'm sure there might have been an "oh great, here come the women folk fubar-ing everything." ;)

Top Bottom