I did a little playing/testing this morning.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    I recently got a new scope for my cz 452 22lr. This is my long range rimfire rifle. Originally I had a Vortex PST 4-16 FFP on it. I did not need that much zoom as I shoot 500 yds and in. But I did need FFP so the higher zoom was the scope I picked.

Recently Vortex came out with a 2.5-10 FFP. This scope is perfect in every way for my needs. I didn't need the zoom of the 4-16, but being a FFP scope the top end zoom didn't hurt me even though I rarly used it. The 4x on the bottom really didn't hurt me because I never shoot less than 50 YDS.

I recently got bit by the Appleseed bug. I thought I would need a semi auto for the AQT so it never entered my mind to use my favorite rifle that I have THOUSANDS of rounds threw. About 1/2 way threw the first day that I discarded that Idea and knew I could do just fine with a bolt gun and used one for the rest of the seed. I didn't want to attempt the shoot with 4x so I used a different 452. With this scopes low zoom number being 2.5 It will be the perfect scope for that rifle. It has a low enough zoom, tracking, and PA for a seed, but plenty of travel for my long range needs. I'm not sure how this stock will work for sling shooting, but If it doesn't I can put my factory stock back on for the Appleseed and be ready to go.

So now that I finally got enough inventory to get myself a 2.5-10 FFP I jumped on it. I can not possibly imagine a better rimfire scope for that rifles purpose. It has a better zoom range, and more internal travel wich is huge when your talking about a rimfire bullet at 500 yds. With this scope on my rifle with my base I ended up with 72 MOA of internal travel, and another 30 MOA in the reticle. I have about 106 MOA of drop at 500 yds so I will be able to get really close to a known point of aim with the turrets and holdover.

So now on to today's shooting. I didn't want to diminish my stash of Wolf anymore than I already have so today I was using federal match in the rifle. Its my first time shooting it threw this rifle and I didn't mess with a chrono but it seemed to do as well as the wolf. All shooting was done at 50yds. I only shot about 50 rounds but they all did exactly what they were meant to do.

I zeroed the rifle on the center bull (the closest to the bull was my last shot). Then put 1 round in the upper right bull to confirm. From this point on I only aimed at the upper right bull. I dialed down 20 moa and shot 1 round. Then I dialed left 20 moa and shot 8 more rounds (yes 2 got away from me). I reloaded and dialed up 20 moa, and right 20 moa and shot 10 more.

Since you guys are always getting on me for not including pics, I remembered to snap one of the target and a couple of the rifle. Long story short This scope did its job in turning my dedicated long range rifle into a multipurpose rifle. Now I just have to find more ammo so I can go back to practicing like I once did but that's a new thread.

Yes all shots were done from a bipod. I have been working on my sling shooting, but its not to the point that I can test tracking with it YET.

Specs on the rifle are

Factory CZ 452 that I threaded to 1/2x28
    Manners T4 stock with freeland rail
    Rifle basix trigger
    Huntertown suppressor
    harris s series notched leg bipod with pod lock.

Last edited:

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    364   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Excellent write-up. I would expect no less from a CZ. I will have to look into that scope. I've had a CZ Varmint for sale that I think I need to keep and this looks like a nice piece of glass.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    Excellent write-up. I would expect no less from a CZ. I will have to look into that scope. I've had a CZ Varmint for sale that I think I need to keep and this looks like a nice piece of glass.

I saw that. cz 452' are my crack. Ive never seen one forsale I didnt consider buying:D

ol' Huff

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 8, 2012
    that stock will work for Appleseed. I have used Marlin 2000L biathlon rifles for the AQT and its a very good application with similar angle of approach on the wrist and a high comb.

NLVMike

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 20, 2013
    I was strolling through a gun show and I heard my name called from the way back. I was surprised to find it was coming from a lonely CZ452 in .17hmr. I had never even heard of the gun before then, but it was calling pretty hard. I bought it, did a little internet research and figured I might have done ok. It is amazing. Prairie dog .007

CBR1000rr

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2011
    In an eastern valley
    I saw that. cz 452' are my crack. Ive never seen one forsale I didnt consider buying:D

You and I both. If I had time to get to Evansville, it would be mine. I've got a 455 American and absolutely love her but I want a 455 varmint too.

Have you contacted that company I told you about? I may try to reach out them. I actually scored 500 rounds of Wolf Extra Match the other day so I'm guessing they are catching up??

Here is a picture of a 5 round group from my 10/22 LVT with the Crossfire II 2-7x32 Rimfire using the Wolf Extra Match at 50 meters. I wasn't on a bipod but I did use my sling in addition to my edc pack. Essentially I used a sling but cheated. :):

The shots outside of the group were part of the final 10 shot group that I fired while standing and using a sling.

BTW, sorry for hijacking the thread:hijack: . Just trying to take my mind of the 2.5x10. You know I want that thing, right? :):

Top Bottom