• ...and so much more!
  • Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Have you ever looked back and think man that was stupid why did I do that?

I found a good deal on a shotgun last night so drove over to the guys house about 9:15 pm (so pretty dark). The neighborhood wasn't bad but not the best in town.

Pulled up he was on the front porch so left my headlights shining on use while I looked over the shotgun. We talked 2-3 mins I bought the shotgun and he asked me if I would be interested in a Luger 7mm rifle. I don't know what type this is but I'm guessing it WWI or WWII german and the price I just payed for the shotgun I was thinking I would get a steal on it also.

And the stupid part

He said to follow him to take a look, so I followed him into his house where two other guys where sitting in the living room. Right about here is where I said to my self "Your a dump a-- get out". I make sure my shirt lifts off my glock so it can be seen. I take quick look and it was a Ruger 7mm but very new so not what I wanted and he wanted $600 so I tell him I can't use it. Got to the van and left quickly.

So no harm done but did learn a lesson.

I highlighted mistakes one and two. I'm not sure how people determine if a neighborhood is a good one or bad, but I wouldn't meet someone I didn't know at their home if I didn't have any idea who they were, whether they live in a $1M or $50K neighborhood. I have agreed to meet some INGO members at their homes, but only after getting to "know" them after a period of time. Even then, I would not go into their homes, period.

I'm glad you got a chance to learn a lesson.

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    I highlighted mistakes one and two. I'm not sure how people determine if a neighborhood is a good one or bad, but I wouldn't meet someone I didn't know at their home if I didn't have any idea who they were, whether they live in a $1M or $50K neighborhood. I have agreed to meet some INGO members at their homes, but only after getting to "know" them after a period of time. Even then, I would not go into their homes, period.

I'm glad you got a chance to learn a lesson.

Don't forget the wife part...

Glad it was ok and that we all get to think through it and talk it out.

phil

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Bristol
    ... I wouldn't meet someone I didn't know at their home if I didn't have any idea who they were, whether they live in a $1M or $50K neighborhood. I have agreed to meet some INGO members at their homes, but only after getting to "know" them after a period of time. Even then, I would not go into their homes, period...

Really????? I have been welcomed into many INGO'ers homes and have welcomed many into mine with out "knowing" them. I never felt the urge flash my firearm of felt like I may have to shoot up their house...But that's just me. Maybe it's cause people know by looking at me that I could make Chuck Norris cry...

warhawk77

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Glad everyone is having a good laugh on my account :)

Seriously I did make a bad call I know. I won't be doing that sort of thing again for sure. I hope someone else will read this and maybe stay out of trouble at some point.

Yup!

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    Glad everyone is having a good laugh on my account :)

Seriously I did make a bad call I know. I won't be doing that sort of thing again for sure. I hope someone else will read this and maybe stay out of trouble at some point.

I like the part where you left your wife in the car, defenseless :)

phil

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Bristol
    It would be different if they were hiding in the bushed...but they may have been watching the football game and didn't even realize you were there.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I like the part where you left your wife in the car, defenseless :)

She had a van and who knows what other weapons. I think she was most equipped to handle multiple assailants, give than she had control of a several thousand pound weapon. ;)

TTravis

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2011
    Plainfield / Mooresville
    You might want to call your local police department and have them run the serial number on the gun you bought. If that little voice in your head said something was not right, it wouldn't hurt to make sure it was an honest transaction. I had 4 shotguns stolen out of my home this past May. They were 20 ga Browning Auto (gold trigger), 12 ga Rem 1100, 870 youth express 20 ga, and an old Roberts Machine Gun 12 ga double barrel which belonged to my great grandfather. Unfortunately I did not have the serial numbers on these.

All the guns in the picture below from last fall were stolen in May.

profilepic18587_1.gif

Last edited:

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    Probably should have roundhouse kicked the biggest one, just for good measure. I would have, but that's just me.

:laugh:
    Right on.
    That would teach them to make you uncomfortable. And before I'd left, I'd snatch the dangling cigarettes out of all their mouths, throw them to the floor
    and say as I left, "smoking's bad for you".

bender574

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2011
    Middlebury
    phil when you come over I'm going to hide in my bushes LOL. I actually thought of sitting in a chair outside the house when we were handing out candy for halloween in my costum try to suprise some kids as they got their candy. but as we all know from americas funnest video that guy get socked in the head or something else bad happens

abnk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    Reminded me of Training Day when Ethan Hawke walks in the appartment of a Mexican gangbanger, not knowing he's gonna end up in the bathtub with a shotgun to his head

***NOT FAMILY SAFE***

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KGRZuWXVhA[/ame]

nate1865

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 22, 2010
    Indiana
    Somewhere out there on the interwebz is another story.

So, I sold my shotty to some guy I've never met on the internet. For safety's sake, since he arranged to meet when it would have been dark, I had my friends Moe and Larry show up. I offered to sell him my 7mm but felt it would be best to do the transaction inside. When I get inside the guy lifts his shirt and is packing heat. He didn't want to pay my asking price, so I sent him on his merry way.

Glad my friends were there! Never know what coulda happened!

- Curly

:) :) :)

Glad it worked out for ya :)

Top Bottom