• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • x10

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Martinsville, IN
    I'm not wanting to bash the 1st amendment and the protesters should be allowed thier first amendment rights But I didn't see them and I was going to get my picture taken with them For laughs,

Here is a quote from them and it's almost a complement to me

But what makes Watts and her group’s efforts even more challenging is that the NRA is no longer just a place for gun enthusiasts. It’s become one-stop shopping for conservative red meat on a host of issues. And worst of all, it features some rancid red meat, with speakers who have a history of spewing homophobic, Islamaphobic, anti-immigrant and even birther comments. It’s really the greatest hits of right-wing crap all in one place—and they’re armed.

Sgtusmc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    indiana
    So they're unhappy that gun enthusiasts have a voice too, supported by the same amendment that allows them to voice their opinions. And, at the same time, they push the fear that just because someone is armed they will use their gun against someone demonstrating their own 1st amendment rights. Man they are chock full of fear and pushing their fears on everyone else. I already knew this but their hypocrisy is so blatant it's sickening.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    It's not as satisfying but probably the most mature response, if encountering protesters should be to applaud them for exercising of their God given rights to freedom of speech. That's not to say you have to agree or that you shouldn't respond to direct questions or engage in civil debate--let them be the ones that shout down those they disagree with; let them be the ones that delete disagreeable posts from their websites; etc.

Car Ramrod

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Westfield
    So they're unhappy that gun enthusiasts have a voice too, supported by the same amendment that allows them to voice their opinions. And, at the same time, they push the fear that just because someone is armed they will use their gun against someone demonstrating their own 1st amendment rights. Man they are chock full of fear and pushing their fears on everyone else. I already knew this but their hypocrisy is so blatant it's sickening.

That's pretty much how I have seen it.

A lot of people fail to realize that they have just as much right to be correct in their opinion as the person they are opposing. And, at the same time, they have just as much right to be wrong as well.

Dundee

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 2, 2012
    West Lafayette
    I saw one young women as I crossed the street going to the stand up an fight rally. She was reading name of people who were killed by gun violence. She did not have amplification so it was not easy to hear her. That was the only evidence of anti-gun lobby I saw all day Friday.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I was there Friday around lunch time. Saw no protesters on Maryland.

The place was packed, though. At least 2x as busy as I was expecting. I don't know what the estimates of how much money it is bringing in, but I suspect they are lower than what's actually happening.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I was there Friday around lunch time. Saw no protesters on Maryland.

The place was packed, though. At least 2x as busy as I was expecting. I don't know what the estimates of how much money it is bringing in, but I suspect they are lower than what's actually happening.

Those guys on the corner with the big red banners were a red herring. They were protesting against non traditional marriage. They had nothing to do with firearms, we were just a conveniently large group to be seen by.

mac45

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2008
    As we were leaving yesterday, there was a group of guys across the street handing out flyers in support of "Traditional Marriage". Had a guy with 'em playing the bag pipes to attract attention.
    We ignored the guy with the handouts, but I have to admit, the guy on the pipes did a pretty fair job on Scotland the Brave.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    I saw one young women as I crossed the street going to the stand up an fight rally. She was reading name of people who were killed by gun violence. She did not have amplification so it was not easy to hear her. That was the only evidence of anti-gun lobby I saw all day Friday.

You should have asked her if the person's name she read was killed by an NRA member. If she said yes (she would have been lying as she didn't have that info), challenge her. If she read another name, ask again if that was by an NRA member. Wash and repeat.

__Doc_

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2011
    Henry Co
    contrary to what protesters believe, i was at the show with a lot of guns and i can confirm noone was shot. no firearms harassed me or threatened my life

GNRPowdeR

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Bartholomew Co.
    As we were leaving yesterday, there was a group of guys across the street handing out flyers in support of "Traditional Marriage". Had a guy with 'em playing the bag pipes to attract attention.
    We ignored the guy with the handouts, but I have to admit, the guy on the pipes did a pretty fair job on Scotland the Brave.

My thoughts, too... Wanted to hear more of him & less of "them". LoL

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I saw two women riding bikes on the circle with signs. One was having trouble with her bike and I could not help thinking that there are two things she has trouble figuring out. How to operate a bicycle and gun rights are both pretty simple concepts that just seem to elude some.

pathfinder317

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    Franklin In

I also saw a girl doing this between the convention center and Lucas stadium, I saw a guy with a cup asking for change and he had a sign that said "Its for booze" on both friday and saturday, atleast the guy was honest, but I doubt he got enough to buy a six pack.

Top Bottom