I don't know what it is. But it's tempting.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • G_Stines

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 2, 2010
    Central Indiana
    I was browsing AL... hoping for a deal.. and I either, A. Found one of the greatest deals of my life, B. Found some guns are probably stolen, or C. Found some guns that are going to be in atrocious shape when I see them. No pics were posted... possibly for a reason.

Here is the text from the ad:
    For Sale, Smith Model 13 $250

"Blued. 4 inch barrel. Shoots .357 or .38's. Minor wear on grips. Shoots flawlessly. I also have for sale a like brand new Remington 870 and a like brand new Mossberg 835 ulti-mag with mossy oak camo, turkey choke, and fiber optic sights. Both shotguns flawless. 250 for remington and 325 for mossberg."

I was initially interested in the Smith, and still am.. The 870 caught my eye. It is either a clone, or stolen. Regardless.. I sent a message requesting pictures and Serial #s to "check the Date of Manufacture". Can I also place a call to my local PD to check those numbers with little to no questions? How would I go about that? My hairs are a little edgy but I dunno if its from excitement of the possible deal or a warning of something bad...:dunno::dunno:

If I can get a VG Mod 13, and a "flawless" 870 for the tune of 500 bucks and they aren't stolen... I am going to be stoked. I might even feel bad...:laugh:

Last edited:

Amattern

Expert
    Rating - 97.1%
    66   2   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    Terre Haute, IN
    Not to be rude but who cares if it's stolen? That doesn't change what the guns worth.

Because if you get caught with it you could be charged with receiving stolen property. If they didn't charge you with a crime, if it is stolen and it is found to be the police would confiscate it and the buyer would be out the money they have invested.

Top Bottom