I don't tolerate stupid people very well, but I held it togther....

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Magneto

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 6, 2009
    New Albany
    So last night I am on my way over to the redbox at kroger to pick up a movie we had reserved online. I pull in the parking lot and see that there is only 1 person there using the machine. So I park and go stand behind her and notice she seems to be having problems viewing the screen. Now I can see it pretty good 6 feet behind her so figure she has eyesight issues. After about 10 minutes she says "I'm looking for Cedar Rapids". I am NOT amused. So eventually she realizes that it isn't there and calls her significant other. They tell her to get a different movie (I can see she has 2 already selected). So she says "I know its on here I dun seen it". So after another 5 minutes SHE FINDS CEDAR RAPIDS. Total time standing behind her: 17 minutes. She had to have been there at least 20 minutes. It was obvious that she had some sort of drug issue. I played nice, while sweating like a pig. After she FINALLY left my time at the machine? 45 seconds. :xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad:

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    colorado
    I will use the one inside Wallgreens, but the ones outside mcd's ,and gas stations always
    seem to have lines of people that just stand there scrolling through the screens.

canav844

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 22, 2011
    On a related note, U-Scan makes me insane. They should make people take a test before they can use that lane.
    The thing I hate most about the self checkout lanes is the need for people to want to offer to help before I so much as get to hit the start button. I specifically chose self checkout for speed and even more to be anti-social!

Boost Lee

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Greenwood, IN
    I openly admit shame in never having used a Redbox "kiosk" before...

But is it really that much cheaper/better of a deal to do that over Netflix?

Just curious. I'm old school, live out in the sticks and don't have DSL/Cable available
    to stream Netflix so... I guess something like this is an option, just never thought about
    it because I have seen some complete tool boxes attempting to use them before.

And for the sake of heat alone, I'd have been pissed to wait that long!

jzukjr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2010
    crawfordsville
    So last night I am on my way over to the redbox at kroger to pick up a movie we had reserved online. I pull in the parking lot and see that there is only 1 person there using the machine. So I park and go stand behind her and notice she seems to be having problems viewing the screen. Now I can see it pretty good 6 feet behind her so figure she has eyesight issues. After about 10 minutes she says "I'm looking for Cedar Rapids". I am NOT amused. So eventually she realizes that it isn't there and calls her significant other. They tell her to get a different movie (I can see she has 2 already selected). So she says "I know its on here I dun seen it". So after another 5 minutes SHE FINDS CEDAR RAPIDS. Total time standing behind her: 17 minutes. She had to have been there at least 20 minutes. It was obvious that she had some sort of drug issue. I played nice, while sweating like a pig. After she FINALLY left my time at the machine? 45 seconds. :xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad:

Youve got more patience than me. I wouldn;t have been rude to her but i might have gone and found another one somewhere in town.

I openly admit shame in never having used a Redbox "kiosk" before...

But is it really that much cheaper/better of a deal to do that over Netflix?

Just curious. I'm old school, live out in the sticks and don't have DSL/Cable available
    to stream Netflix so... I guess something like this is an option, just never thought about
    it because I have seen some complete tool boxes attempting to use them before.

And for the sake of heat alone, I'd have been pissed to wait that long!

every movie redbox has is a dollar and theyre for the most part up to date on new releases.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    On a related note, U-Scan makes me insane. They should make people take a test before they can use that lane.

I get pissed when someone has an entire cart full of groceries trying to operate that lane. YOU KNOW A REAL CHECKOUT PERSON COULD HELP YOU FASTER RIGHT!?!?!?!!?!?

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    I will use the one inside Wallgreens, but the ones outside mcd's ,and gas stations always
    seem to have lines of people that just stand there scrolling through the screens.

I don't see an issue with browsing to see what movies they have.

Wow, you sound like a person that I hopefully never meet. Obvious drug problem because she couldn't find something? Once again, hopefully I never have to meet you or anyone like you.

And no, I don't use Redbox (actually have only returned a movie for someone else once).

Jake46184

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 2, 2011
    Indianapoils
    Assuming you live in Indiana, not being able to tolerate stupid people will probably lead to your early death from cardiac arrest. We are a state of uneducated, stupid people. George Ade, a wonderful Hoosier writer & poet, circa 1900, was at a political function in Philadelphia when a discussion of Indiana bumpkins ensued. Ade listened intently and then corrected the crowd. "My friends, a lot of smart, young men have come out of Indiana. The smarter they were, the faster they came out."

If you want to live amongst intellectually gifted people, Indiana is not the destination.

Magneto

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 6, 2009
    New Albany
    I don't see an issue with browsing to see what movies they have.

Wow, you sound like a person that I hopefully never meet. Obvious drug problem because she couldn't find something? Once again, hopefully I never have to meet you or anyone like you.

I think I can peg drug issues pretty well. Been around enough over the the years to know it when I see it.

BarryJaxon

Shooter
    Rating - 50%
    0   1   1
    Feb 23, 2011
    Why not just sit in your car and STFU?Why is it almost everybody thinks they and their time is worth more than someone elses?:twocents:

Jake46184

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 2, 2011
    Indianapoils
    Ditto for the automated kiosks at the Post Office.

For all such expedited means of processing a transaction, I'd be fine with passing a competency test, paying a flat fee of X per month, and getting restricted access to such U-Serve devices. There's no reason why a significant percentage of the population should have to wait on the collective sheep we're describing here. There's nothing wrong with special privileges for the gifted (or merely competent.)

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    I guess?:dunno:think I`d scrolled thru the screens twice while they`re standing there with arms crossed huffin & puffin!

Yeah, I'd easily turn my transaction into an hour long ordeal just for the reaction. Not sure where dude lives but I'm in a small town and there are 4 redbox machines within 10 minutes of each other. Not sure which one is the smart one in this story...the one scrolling to find something or the one wasting their time waiting when they could have went to another machine and been on their way home (obviously without some fake drama to post about online).

Top Bottom