• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mastery

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Here
    Hi Points, either you love them or hate them. I got a good deal on some a year or two ago...took them to the range...sold them afterwards. I mean, they are alright for range time, but nothing I'd recommend to somebody for EDC.

abnk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    Then I threw up all over myself.. It was a little heavy on my stomach..

You do realize that not everyone can afford a $500 piece right way, right? Not my first or fifth choice of a carry pistol, but I have found them to be very reliable.

Your post is funny, but keep in mind that in the handgun forum people come for real advice.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Then I threw up all over myself.. It was a little heavy on my stomach..
    I know what your problem was.High Point does not have a Kool aid,It may taste like it but really it is mad dog 20/20....it can make anyone throw up!

*that said I have no problem with what someone chooses to buy.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    Hey, if the price was right, and I had the spare cash burning a hole in my pocket, I figure that's one more glovebox I don't have to worry about. They go bang when your boogerhook depresses the bang switch. And from what I hear, they do it every time or the manufacturer fixes it for you FREE. God bless America.

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    You do realize that not everyone can afford a $500 piece right way, right? Not my first or fifth choice of a carry pistol, but I have found them to be very reliable.

Your post is funny, but keep in mind that in the handgun forum people come for real advice.

Real advise... Save up for the firearm you really want. An entry level Ruger can be had for under $400 and a -dare I say it - Taurus can be had for under $300. So you don't buy the Hi-point this month, and have to wait another month to get a better handgun, big deal.

Here is a link to several new Taurus models for less than $300. Deals like this can be had all the time. So why settle for the first cheap gun that comes along?

theboss365

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 23, 2009
    PLYMOUTH
    You know what one of the most favorite guns ive shot was a hi-point .45. this was years ago, but the thing was reasonably accurate and shot everytime. I don't own any of them, but there again if the price is right I would prolly stick it in the truck. I say just like any weopon if the price is right buy it!

Jubba

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2010
    WAL-MART
    I have a Hi Point as well as other stuff. The Hi Point has fired every single time with no problems. It is a very accurate gun and shoots very well. A friend has one as well and has not had problems. To each his/her own.

seamusalaska

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 7, 2009
    East Central IN
    I don't know if the Hi-Point needs defending; but, it IS a blow-back design. It Has to be big and block-like in the larger calibers. I have some top pistols (Colt Python) and some sturdy (Ruger) guns and some 'plastic' (Glock) ones and I am going to get a Hi-Point in .45 just 'because'. Just trying to remind folks that it is not a locked-breech design. Like so many others, I wish they'd get the .45 carbine produced.

Top Bottom