• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • half-glocked

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    No, I'm not in the wrong thread. I'm not supposed to be over in the political discussion ranting about POTUS or taking pot-shots at Uncle Sam.

I'm just dangerously close to 50 posts and I'm not sure I'm ready to be let loose on the Classified section. Let me rephrase that, I'm just a smidge too eager to get there.

My wish-listing and window-shopping have grown exponentially in relation to the amount of information I've found on INGO and the results aren't pretty for my bank account.

I usually wince when people say that ignorance is bliss, but ignorance would definitely have been cheaper.

:spend:

:scared:

half-glocked

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    Just make sure the next 5 posts are junk. That way they keep getting deleted and you never make it!

You will be fine. :welcome::cheers:
    :+1:
    I thought about putting up some facetious plea to the mod's-that-be to take down my post count, but I figured purple or no, there'd be at least one that would oblige me so I kept it to myself. :):

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    My advice to you, from someone who has gone through the same thing, is to get a good digital camera.

Why, you ask?

To enable you to quickly take enticing pictures of your first few "gotta haves" when you decide they really weren't "exactly what I wanted".

Trust me, been there, done that.

half-glocked

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    Lol!

I was thinking the same thing.

It's okay, though. The posts that got taken away were ones where I had just tagged the topic to be able to follow it later, I think.

Either way, it made me smile when I logged in and I had lost some. I should have known better than to tempt the mods-that-be.

:D

2001FZ1

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2012
    Indy
    I fear for my paycheck simply because I am a Federal Employee. :(

If I was a local business man, I would fear for my paycheck because the federal employees are looking at furloughs....

average salary is $75k. Average pay cut is $7,500. Take that times the number of people on base: 3,300. there will be $24 million less in the local economy in just 6 months.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Hey Half-Glocked....

If you want, we could start a "Report" storm to the mods and have them knock your count down so you'll not be tempted :D

half-glocked

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    Hey Half-Glocked....

If you want, we could start a "Report" storm to the mods and have them knock your count down so you'll not be tempted

Step away from the report icon! :draw:

:rolleyes:

I don't believe that I have any more reportable posts.

I guess I'll just have to see if my post count goes down more. That should be a pretty fair indicator.

:popcorn:

I'll scooch on down and make room for everyone else. You might even get me to share my popcorn. It's not likely, but you might. :):

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Actually this is a good way to get your 50 posts. I have never understood the guys that will make one thread nad never respond to people, missing a great opportunity to makes posts. At least you are smarter than they are.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    As an example to get a post, they will make a thread saying what does everyone think about a Glock. Then there are 30 posts and never a response. You could ask about rumors of kabooms, difference in the generations, replacement barrels, mag interchangeability... but no, never another post.

Bikerdad61

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 4, 2010
    Sullivan
    No, I'm not in the wrong thread. I'm not supposed to be over in the political discussion ranting about POTUS or taking pot-shots at Uncle Sam.

I'm just dangerously close to 50 posts and I'm not sure I'm ready to be let loose on the Classified section. Let me rephrase that, I'm just a smidge too eager to get there.

My wish-listing and window-shopping have grown exponentially in relation to the amount of information I've found on INGO and the results aren't pretty for my bank account.

I usually wince when people say that ignorance is bliss, but ignorance would definitely have been cheaper.

:spend:

:scared:

Yep, after the first 50 posts it all get's VERY expensive.....:D

Bikerdad61

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 4, 2010
    Sullivan
    Sure thing.

How do you feel about m&ms in your popcorn? Now hear me out, it sounds weird, but try it the next time you have fresh popcorn. The heat melts the chocolate inside of the candy shell. Super tasty.

Wait a second.

Did I just hijack my own thread?

:hijack: :facepalm:

Been eating a Hershy Chocolate bar with my Popcorn for years...MMmmmmm good

half-glocked

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    As an example to get a post, they will make a thread saying what does everyone think about a Glock. Then there are 30 posts and never a response. You could ask about rumors of kabooms, difference in the generations, replacement barrels, mag interchangeability... but no, never another post.

The great thing about INGO is that everybody's already weighed in on that argument a good 6 times a piece, as long as you're willing to dig and find those forums.

And some of the flame wars have been exciting.

I'd much rather rack up posts goofing off or adding something substantive to a conversation.

"Rack up" even seems like the wrong term. For right now, not being at 50 posts is keeping my bonus and tax refund safe like they should be. :cool:

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    The great thing about INGO is that everybody's already weighed in on that argument a good 6 times a piece, as long as you're willing to dig and find those forums.

And some of the flame wars have been exciting.

I'd much rather rack up posts goofing off or adding something substantive to a conversation.

"Rack up" even seems like the wrong term. For right now, not being at 50 posts is keeping my bonus and tax refund safe like they should be. :cool:

If we never talked about stuff that had already been talked about on here at some point, there would be very few posts....

Scarecrow

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2009
    Grissom
    If I was a local business man, I would fear for my paycheck because the federal employees are looking at furloughs....

average salary is $75k. Average pay cut is $7,500. Take that times the number of people on base: 3,300. there will be $24 million less in the local economy in just 6 months.

Actually the furlough is 20% of our pay. But yea...

Top Bottom