I feel like I'm searching for the Holy Grail.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • j. villarreal

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2009
    Fort Wayne, IN
    And it's becoming quite a comedy!

I finally saved up enough dough to start looking for an AR-15 in earnest, and I've been "questing" for about a month now. I was going to order a Spike's Tactical AR but was put off by the wait (oh, the irony). I've been to the Fort Wayne shops numerous times, checked out the goods in New Haven, took a spin out to 21st Century in Bluffton, and even ventured down to Bradis today. The bad news is, I haven't found Mr. Albert Ruffington yet, but I have learned a thing or two about area gun shops. I guess that's a good thing.

Anywho, I guess there's not much point to this post other than to commiserate with you guys. I'm sure I'm not the only guy who's ever filled up his wallet with gun funds only to find it stays fat much longer than he originally intended!

Jason

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Bought an engraved Spikes receiver (Globe and Anchor for my daughter) for about 80 bucks on a group buy and a 20" kit from Del-ton during Black Friday for about 450 or so and have a nice rifle for cheap but will give it to her someday.

malern28us

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    Huntington, Indiana
    And it's becoming quite a comedy!

I finally saved up enough dough to start looking for an AR-15 in earnest, and I've been "questing" for about a month now. I was going to order a Spike's Tactical AR but was put off by the wait (oh, the irony). I've been to the Fort Wayne shops numerous times, checked out the goods in New Haven, took a spin out to 21st Century in Bluffton, and even ventured down to Bradis today. The bad news is, I haven't found Mr. Albert Ruffington yet, but I have learned a thing or two about area gun shops. I guess that's a good thing.

Anywho, I guess there's not much point to this post other than to commiserate with you guys. I'm sure I'm not the only guy who's ever filled up his wallet with gun funds only to find it stays fat much longer than he originally intended!

Jason
    I was in the same situation last year at this time. I got so tired of not finding a good selection, I had one custom built for me. That is what you call a long wait! I ended up getting everything I wanted in an upper andbuilt my own lower while I was waiting. I ended up sending off my trigger assembly for some custom work while waiting, purchasing an Eotech, buying some Mosins...you get the idea. When the wait was over, I knew so much more about my rifle. Just order EXACTLY what you want and expect a wait. Its worth every bit of the eight weeks.

Top Bottom