• ...and so much more!
  • Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I have a Commander-sized 1911 and thought I could use a couple of holsters I have around the house, just until I get my Raven and Crossbreed made. However, every time I use either of them, they leave a long scratch on the slide and I hate it! Can anyone recommend a holster that I can pick up fast?

CSC_0030.jpg

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    Ok. So.. I see a thread titled...

"I feel naked!" by Que.

And... I RUSH to click it, and am now dissapointed.

What does that mean? I feel... different.... :)

Love the 1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 20, 2010
    I picked up a Galco IWB holster when I purchased my Kimber Pro CDP. Works great in winter and will hopefully have my Mitch Rosen in by the time I'm not wearing heavy clothing. Cost about $20-$30 from Premier Arms in Brownsburg.

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    I would get a Nighthawk leather holster from NHT3 here on the forums, he is selling them in the classifieds, I got one and its a nice holster.

Burr Head

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2011
    I gotta say, if your that worried about a "working gun", that is, one you carry everyday, you might want to pick another to carry and put that one back in the safe. The guns I carry everyday are clean and functional but everyday wear from a cop makes em' look rough. When I need them, though, they'll run good...BH

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I would try a cheap uncle mike's ($15) or a Galco for a little bit more to get you by. I know I have heard alot of crap about the uncle mike's brand, but for what they are and at the price I think they are decent to fill the need until your crossbread comes in. Good luck!

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Forget about it. That is a character mark. It was earned. My Kimber wears them at ten and two. Also both sides of the trigger guard.

If you are really gonna be concerned about it, the shiny spots can be mostly covered up by a SS detail brush (looks like a tooth brush.) Tap it, bristles down, like a hammer.
    If that doesn't work to your satisfaction, or it has to be perfect as in for sale, take it to IGW for bead blasting.

Top Bottom