• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Skullglide

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 21, 2014
    Otterbein
    I am a paramedic and have had to credential a Dr at a cardiac arrest. He did not have credentials, nor did he have ACLS or cardiac arrest mgmt knowledge. He was PO’d that he was not able to be in charge. I have a job to do and am a highly trained firefighter/Paramedic. I have no interest in working in a hospital, I will gladly drop them off at the hospital for a Dr to further care. We all have our place and skill set.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    skullglide: it won't let me rep you. I totally agree with your sentiment. Docs can certainly make things worse on scene. Give me an air conditioned building with lots of resources and I'll be more helpful.

looking at my dash cam, there was a 1:02 gap between videos and it missed me coming up on the scene, picked up again when I was parked and got out. I saw it was skipping earlier in the year when I tried to find a video but never looked into it. Ugh. Each video has at least a minute time gap between them. All are 50MB but are different lengths. Gotta be a setting somewhere.

watching, a lady just moved my car. Turns out she lives close and shops at Greenwood mall. Again, Destin is Indiana 2.0 for fall break.

Each of these videos skip about a full minute between them. Really annoying.

Listening to the lady that moved my car talking to my boys. It missed a lot of the conversation but caught "your dad was put here at the right time at the right place to take care. That's pretty cool guys."

my kids used their ipad to call my wife and I heard "uhm, we're going to be a little late since this guy got hit by a car and dad's helping him.... yeah, we're fine, we're just in the car"

heard the lady who hit her talking on the phone to someone. She had been going to cVS that was right down the street to get some meds.

Looking at time stamps it took about 4:30 for the first police car to arrive and about six minutes for the fire truck. Not too bad given all the road construction and traffic down there at that time.

I can't find anything about the accident on a news website. Plenty of other stories about pedestrians struck and killed in destin/miramar though. Heavy foot traffic crossing roads down there.

update: saw on FB that she has died

Last edited:

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    It drives me crazy to know what needs to be done, how to do it, but no resources.

This is what drives me to want to move from being LTC charge to working in the ED.

On the flip side, I've had medics who don't want to take care of my population, just because they are elderly. Yeah, you or I may not want heroic measures, but this person did.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    That's why they invented Strap-Ons.

NuLZ.gif

Top Bottom