I FINALLY got a good deal at a gun show!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    Yesterday I had plans to go to the Brazil gun show, then afterwards meet up with an INGO member to buy some ammo, then off to Indy.

Well I went to the show, then left after pouring over everything probably 3 or 4 times (small show), then went to do the ammo deal. After the ammo deal I decided what the hell, I was only about 3 minutes from the show, so why not go back again. There was something I wanted to look at again anyway. When I got back, I got in line to get in, and when I showed my hand stamp, the older guy in front of me was checking in 4 rifles. One of them was a fairly decent looking chinese SKS. For giggles I asked what he wanted and he said he had $125 in it, and would like that out of it. I didnt even hesitate. Said Ill take it and whipped out the cash!!

I don't have an SKS, but who cares if I did! ;)

This thing looks like it just came out of the box except for a couple of scuffs on the butt. I would put good money on it never having been shot. All numbers matching on EVERYTHING. The only things missing are the spiker style bayonet, and the rear sling swivel (anyone have one I can buy???)

I hardly ever get deals at the gun show, but I finally found one!

Stainer

Master
    Rating - 97.1%
    33   1   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    God's Country
    That's been my overall experience is that most, not all, but most of your good deals are from an individual. Good job on the SKS! I love my SKS and have loved several of them in the past. Great rifles and fun to shoot.

Sigasaurus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    Apr 6, 2011
    Plainfield
    good score. I got lucky once and picked up a LMT nickel boron coated BCG and a BCM 10.5" upper from a guy for $350. Needless to say I found it 5 minutes after I walked in and spent the rest of the day aimlessly wandering and drooling over my bottom dollar find. Heck the upper even had a rail installed BCG and upper for $350 I don't think I will ever have a find like that again.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    I nearly always find a good deal on something at the 1500 but I'm working for Ol Bob so I shop before the show opens. I scored a G-19 OD at the last show. I have one NIB that I just couldn't bring myself to shoot since I have another 19. Gave it a trigger job and it's quite a shooter.
    After the crowd get there I don't know how anyone finds anything. :)

nicajack

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 21, 2011
    Miami County
    Being at the right place at the right time always helps....Always keep your eyes and ears open at shows. And...he who hesitates is lost....Way to go....John

BowhuntnHoosier

Angry Old Conservative Fart
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 28, 2011
    Terre Haute
    Thats what I gave for mine 18 years ago. But of course back then you could get a 1200 round crate of ammo for $120 also. Man I wish I had bought about 10 crates back then. Nice buy Clay....enjoy

golfinfool

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    Brazil, Indiana
    I stopped in there yesterday and didnt find any good deals. I took my S&W Model 544 44/40 in to see what it was worth or what I could get out of it. I was offered a generous $325 for it from a dealer, which I chose to pass on. That was the first show I've ever been to, wasnt sure what to expect.

Top Bottom