• ...and so much more!
  • Winamac

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    Logansport
    Just came back from the Logansport Wal-Mart grocery shopping with the wife. Thought I would stroll back to the sporting goods department to check .22 ammo possibilities.As I got there I noticed a guy standing in front of the glass ammo case with his nose almost pressed up against the glass (like Ralphie on Christmas Story). As I got closer I saw TWO 1000 count boxes of Winchester .22. Now I know why his nose was almost up against the glass.LOL!! We both almost tackled the first attendant that we saw and demanded to buy them. He got one box and I the other. $50.00 for 1000 rounds. I was happy as Ralphie on Christmas morning. So FINALLY it was my turn to score after a year of looking. :rockwoot:

On another note the sales girl said she has been putting out 3-4 boxes a day since about Wednesday? She said they usually last maybe 2 hours. Then on another note Logansport Rural King now has firearms in stock. Both handguns and rifles.

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    Nice experience. My wife had a similar incident a couple weeks ago but she only brought home 300 rounds of Mini Mag. I didn't complain. :)

superjoe76

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 21, 2011
    Allen County
    I am in the same boat as you. I have no interest in standing around and waiting for ammo, however, if some is available when I do check, I buy it.

I had a false hope a while back. The local Wally World had some ammo cans on the top shelf sitting above the 22lr tag so I asked is the price was right. The guy said it was 223 cans that had to be stored up there. :-(

indyk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Alpha site
    So you bought "11" bulk packs, and America sits and wonders why .22 cant stay on the shelf.
    Im thinkin 3 of your 11 bulk packs will probably head to the marketplace somewhere ey?
    75-80$ box?

I myself dont need it, got plenty before a few of you started hoarding it.

trailrider

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 2, 2010
    GREENSBURG
    Still don't get the whole 22 ammo hoarding thing. Everone knows a 22 wont kill a zombie. Local gun store owner has been going to walmart with his buddies on ammo day and buying all of it and putting it on his shelf for 3 x the cost. He lost my business.Think about all the kids who wont be able to learn to shoot with dad or papa because they can'ty get plinking ammo. :(

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    Greenwood
    Still don't get the whole 22 ammo hoarding thing. Everone knows a 22 wont kill a zombie. Local gun store owner has been going to walmart with his buddies on ammo day and buying all of it and putting it on his shelf for 3 x the cost. He lost my business.Think about all the kids who wont be able to learn to shoot with dad or papa because they can'ty get plinking ammo. :(

Which gun store is that?

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I don't have an abundance of .22 ammo but i'm not gonna let it control my life by actively seeking it out either.

aaron580

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    Morgan County
    So you bought "11" bulk packs, and America sits and wonders why .22 cant stay on the shelf.
    Im thinkin 3 of your 11 bulk packs will probably head to the marketplace somewhere ey?
    75-80$ box?

I myself dont need it, got plenty before a few of you started hoarding it.

tumblr_mz0gi3BkFA1rfwfq9o1_1280.jpg

Sounds to me like somebody is a bit jealous… I never sell ammo that I have a firearm for, unless it is just ammo I do not need. Its none of your business what I do with my bulk packs same as its none of my business what you do with yours.

xM3RC1L3SS1x

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Nov 6, 2011
    Southeast of Indy
    Just came back from the Logansport Wal-Mart grocery shopping with the wife. Thought I would stroll back to the sporting goods department to check .22 ammo possibilities.As I got there I noticed a guy standing in front of the glass ammo case with his nose almost pressed up against the glass (like Ralphie on Christmas Story). As I got closer I saw TWO 1000 count boxes of Winchester .22. Now I know why his nose was almost up against the glass.LOL!! We both almost tackled the first attendant that we saw and demanded to buy them. He got one box and I the other. $50.00 for 1000 rounds. I was happy as Ralphie on Christmas morning. So FINALLY it was my turn to score after a year of looking. :rockwoot:

On another note the sales girl said she has been putting out 3-4 boxes a day since about Wednesday? She said they usually last maybe 2 hours. Then on another note Logansport Rural King now has firearms in stock. Both handguns and rifles.

You'll shoot your eye out kid!

timber1033

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    indianapolis
    So lucky to find any at Walmart. I have tried for the last couple of months to get some from my local Walmart and people are waiting there at 6:30 to get it. I have given up on that idea of getting any from there.

Winamac

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    Logansport
    So lucky to find any at Walmart. I have tried for the last couple of months to get some from my local Walmart and people are waiting there at 6:30 to get it. I have given up on that idea of getting any from there.

To be honest I had given up as well. I was just checking out of boredom from grocery shopping with the wife. Just plain dumb luck. I looked again today...nothing.

timber1033

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    indianapolis
    The problem is they will never tell you when they are getting any at the store. Then when they get a shipment in, it is a very small amount. Its not worth it to me to get up at 6 a.m. every morning for maybe they will have it.

Top Bottom