Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Yup, that one's a winner.

Two Bridgws in Indy are collectors, Sherman St. just south of Washingtom by the old Marsh Building. About 8 years ago when I worked for Monarch we had a guy peal the front 8 foot of the roof back on a refrigerated 30 footer, had a 1000 cases of non-returnable bottles on it. lost about 500, the trailer had to be but out.

Another collector is the bridge by Emerich Manual High School on East Pleasant Run Parkway North. it's 10'2" if I remember correctly.

The bridge on 136 as you're coming onto Clermont, it's a 13'6", IN THE MIDDLE of the lane, lol. You hang to the right a tad too much and you'll get taken out by the arch.

My Dad was an over the road driver for 30+ years. He pulled flat-beds a lot of years but started and ended pulling vans. Whenever there would be something with overpass<trailer Dad would say, "those flat-bed guys... never pay attention to the height restrictions..."

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    My Dad was an over the road driver for 30+ years. He pulled flat-beds a lot of years but started and ended pulling vans. Whenever there would be something with overpass<trailer Dad would say, "those flat-bed guys... never pay attention to the height restrictions..."

I ALWAYS paid attention to overpasses, even when I hauled beer. I liked my teeth too much. Those rapid stops have a tendency to make drivers eat their steering wheel. Heck that overpass that you talked about on Raceway is too low for majority of the beverage trucks.

MRockwell

Just Me
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Noblesfield
    The railroad crosses over Raceway Road just south of 36 in Avon. The clearance is 10' 6" and was built in 1906. By the battle scars you can see some must've been 12'. A few years back a box truck sheered off the entire roof.

Isn't that underpass narrow also? When PhotoNinja lived in Avon, we would occasionally go to Meijer on Raceway and go via 100South. I never liked driving my pickup through there because I always thought I would sideswipe oncoming traffic.

I was by the old neighborhood a little over a week ago, went up to the Kroger to fuel up. That new bridge over the tracks is nice...First time I've been over it since PN moved.

Top Bottom