• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Csquared

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2014
    Vigo County
    Hey all, I have a question that I hope hasn't been asked in another thread. (I didn't find anything during a search)

I recently received my LTCH and I got in a hurry to laminate it at work on Monday morning.. Well, needless to say, after I had one of our wonderful secretaries laminate it for me I had noticed that my impatience probably just voided the validity of my Indiana LTCH..... I forgot to sign where it clearly says: Signature :(

I was wondering if anyone had an IC stating that it must be signed to be valid and would like some opinions in what I should do if not.. It's not going to hurt for me to apply for a duplicate, but if I can save the $20 I'd rather not re-apply, especially since I will likely have a pretty lengthy wait time.

P.S. I tried signing it with a permanent pen market and a regular permanent market but those just seem to smudge and wipe off.. Soooo any ideas?!

SERparacord

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Amish Mafia Bar
    Hey all, I have a question that I hope hasn't been asked in another thread. (I didn't find anything during a search)

I recently received my LTCH and I got in a hurry to laminate it at work on Monday morning.. Well, needless to say, after I had one of our wonderful secretaries laminate it for me I had noticed that my impatience probably just voided the validity of my Indiana LTCH..... I forgot to sign where it clearly says: Signature :(

I was wondering if anyone had an IC stating that it must be signed to be valid and would like some opinions in what I should do if not.. It's not going to hurt for me to apply for a duplicate, but if I can save the $20 I'd rather not re-apply, especially since I will likely have a pretty lengthy wait time.

P.S. I tried signing it with a permanent pen market and a regular permanent market but those just seem to smudge and wipe off.. Soooo any ideas?!

very lightly sand the signature line. :)

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    I did that on the first 4 year LTCH I got. I used the index card sized DIY laminating sheets you can get at Wal-Mart. I just used a regular pen and signed on top of the lamination and then re-laminated it. Lasted the whole 4 years. Now I have a Lifetime LTCH and thankfully I learned from my mistake the first time.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I did that with my bar card one year. I signed the laminate with a Sharpie fine point, then laminated it again. Couldn't tell.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Since we are no longer required to actually carry it and it would only be used to assist the LEO in checking on its validity, what does it matter?

Csquared

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2014
    Vigo County
    Since we are no longer required to actually carry it and it would only be used to assist the LEO in checking on its validity, what does it matter?

Where exactly is this stated? I thought if you were carrying you had to have the pink card with you?

Paul30

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    Scan it. Print it on pink paper. Sign it. Re-laminate.

This is how you should do it anyway, print several copies for future use, they do wear a little over the years even if laminated. This way any future copies you need to use will have original signatures.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Where exactly is this stated? I thought if you were carrying you had to have the pink card with you?
    This has been discussed ad nauseum here. Suggest you read through some of the forum threads on the subject. The PoPo can pull up the info on their computers now. I still carry mine all the time just to make it easier if I get stopped. The burden of proof that you are carrying legally is on you and the officer can take you in. Once you provide a copy or someone takes the time check, you would be released. My post was actually asking the question though, given that we no longer have to actually have it on us all the time, does it matter if we have signed it?

Indiana Code 35-47-2

phatgemi

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Oct 1, 2008
    Metamora, IN
    I wish Indiana would get onboard like most other states and actually have a laminated card that is not a flimsy piece of paper. No signature necessary. Both Utah and Florida much nicer than ours.

other dave

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Howard County

partyboy6686

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I wish Indiana would get onboard like most other states and actually have a laminated card that is not a flimsy piece of paper. No signature necessary. Both Utah and Florida much nicer than ours.

My friend who lives in Tennessee was surprised when I showed him out flimsy pink piece of paper that we call a LTCH. They actually have what looks like a drivers license for a LTCH.

Shep79

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 7, 2008
    Bainbridge
    Very simple solution. Typical Lamination film only sticks to itself through heat, not to the paper. That's why there is always a small border of clear lamination around the paper. (Plastic melting onto plastic.). Just cut the lamination exactly at the edge of the LTCH and the two halves will separate where you can pull the paper out, sign it and re-laminate.

PappyD

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 24, 2008
    Westfield

Ditto on what Shep79 said too. Hopefully that will work...

Go to Kinkos or a place with good copiers-get- pink paper to match-make xxx copies-laminate a few-put the rest in a safe place.

DON"T ask the Kinkos guy/gal "Hey I have this legal document/gun permit and I need to make copies of it. Can you help me?" There is usually a paper storage gizmo with different colors. One of the choices will be a soft pink...There you go.

Top Bottom