• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    Actually, the CFPB is an agency that's been needed for a while. I really want to give a good explanation about why it's necessary, like helping get rid of mandatory binding arbitration in consumer contracts (it's in your cell phone contract, and it hurts consumers) and the new credit card rules that keep credit card companies from screwing over cardholders with outrageous garbage. I'd suggest going over to The Consumerist and looking around there for consumer protection, and the CFPB. They'll have a whole lot of reasons this is needed.

As far as the appointed leader, etc., that this article was speaking of and what they're doing, I'm not sure what the deal is, but I agree wholeheartedly with consumer protections.

DustinG

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2008
    It is called freedom of contract; don't sign on the dotted line unless you read it. If you sign it, you are agreeing to whatever contract you sign. In order to protect yourself from being taken advantage of, just READ THE CONTRACT!

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    After looking more into this it might work out really well for all of us...... that is if she ends up having any real power......

Huh...

I wonder if the same thing was said at the Start of the FBI, or the CIA, or the Treasury, or the DEA, or the BATF&E, or the DoT, or the DoE, or the well you get the Idea. :dunno:

Garb

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2009
    Richmond
    Actually, the CFPB is an agency that's been needed for a while. I really want to give a good explanation about why it's necessary, like helping get rid of mandatory binding arbitration in consumer contracts (it's in your cell phone contract, and it hurts consumers) and the new credit card rules that keep credit card companies from screwing over cardholders with outrageous garbage. I'd suggest going over to The Consumerist and looking around there for consumer protection, and the CFPB. They'll have a whole lot of reasons this is needed.

As far as the appointed leader, etc., that this article was speaking of and what they're doing, I'm not sure what the deal is, but I agree wholeheartedly with consumer protections.

How about if you don't want the contract, don't enter into one in the first place. :dunno: There are plenty of other options for cell phones that don't require contracts, and you're free to choose whichever one you want.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    How about if you don't want the contract, don't enter into one in the first place. :dunno: There are plenty of other options for cell phones that don't require contracts, and you're free to choose whichever one you want.

At this point, the LAST thing we need is even one more government agency. Government at all levels is doing too much "for" us already.

Top Bottom