• KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    As title says, I bought a smoker a month ago and finally put it together last weekend. I don't have any charcoal yet, but got any good recipes?

I want to do some chicken and ribs on it, how much charcoal should I use, etc.

To start with you need to remove it from your living room, it will burn your house down or at the very least cause significant smoke damage. It should live outdoors. :laugh:

Does it have a thermometer (one with actual numbers)?? If not, get one. Figure out how much charcoal creates how much heat.

ddavidson

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 31, 2012
    Clermont, IN
    I recommend starting with bigger cuts. I think they're harder to mess up. If you get a decent rub on them, it'll be pretty good as long as you pull it at the right time. Start with a Boston or a picnic butt and apply your rub. Just buy a rub for now, then go outside and get your cooker started. Do whatever you have to do with that unit to get the temps between 230 and 240. Get the meat on and let it go. In a few hours, add a temp probe so you can monitor the temp. At 195, pull the meat, double wrap in foil, and put it in an empty cooler for at least 2 hours. After that, it'll shred.

chocktaw2

Home on the Range
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Mayberry
    A wind brake will go a long way with something like this. Buy a large galvanized trash can, cut the bottom out, and slide over smoker. Wind is everybody's worst enemy if your smoking.

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    Top Bottom