• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    Thanks all! Really cool that it was the first dept. i applied for. turns out my cousin applied too not sure what happened with him he never tested or interviewed, he's more qualified than me in experience and schooling. It was such a relief when I found out i was chosen. Now the hard part starts.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    Way to go, man!
    It's still one of the best feelings of all to go through an interview and know that you aced it.
    Just cut me a break if you ever pull me over. ;)

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    my interview was scheduled to last just over half an hour but ended up being just over an hour. Started to worry i was told i would know by the end of the night and I hadn't heard anything turns out my email was jacked up and wasn't updating. I start pre-basic this weekend thats pretty exciting...and a long drive. A buddy jokingly said the answer to all the questions in "probable cause" lol. Wish my uncle was here I would like to here all his advice after almost 30yrs on the job. He always said "the #1 rule of police work is never pass up a bathroom" where else can i get that kind of wisdom:):

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Awesome!

Just remember, "Every success is an admission ticket to a bigger problem." (Henry Kissinger, paraphrased.)

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    Congrats!!

Start a running/jogging regimen YESTERDAY.

And push-ups / sit-ups. :D

I started 2 weeks before my fitness test and haven't stopped since. my run time is substantially better my push ups and sit ups are going great im exceeding apft standards which is what my goal was.

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    my interview was scheduled to last just over half an hour but ended up being just over an hour. Started to worry i was told i would know by the end of the night and I hadn't heard anything turns out my email was jacked up and wasn't updating. I start pre-basic this weekend thats pretty exciting...and a long drive. A buddy jokingly said the answer to all the questions in "probable cause" lol. Wish my uncle was here I would like to here all his advice after almost 30yrs on the job. He always said "the #1 rule of police work is never pass up a bathroom" where else can i get that kind of wisdom:):

Congrats!

Actually, as you get older that is just plain good advice for life in general, not just police officers.

IndyTom

Expert
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Oct 3, 2013
    Fishers

Congratulations!

Also, "Never trust a fart."

GunSlinger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 20, 2011
    Right here.
    Way to go Mr. Forge! By not leaving a runner behind I believe you shot to the top of the list. That's a behavior that's instinct...not learned.

Now just remember if you ever pull me over..."DON'T TAZE ME BRO!"

Top Bottom