• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TomN

'tis but a flesh wound!
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Elkhart
    I've felt OC a few times. Not a fan at all. I've asked a couple of my LEO buddies if they'd his me with the taser but they won't. They said they'd only do it to someone they work with or with someone that deserves it.

So whats the real reason? :D

dcary7

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 6, 2009
    East Coast
    Nice video man. I haven't been tased yet but got hit with OC for the first time last month. I'd be fine with never getting hit with it again. It was not pleasant. Best thing is to just try to keep mentally calm and focus on breathing. The pain passes...eventually lol.

Redtbird

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Apr 18, 2012
    Monroe County
    I don't know. Being a heart patient (Have survived three heart attacks), I would just as soon get sprayed than hit with a taser. Actually, I don't want either one, but if I had to choose, then no taser!

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    I've felt OC a few times. Not a fan at all. I've asked a couple of my LEO buddies if they'd his me with the taser but they won't. They said they'd only do it to someone they work with or with someone that deserves it.

There's quite a few on this board that want to be tased. No one wants to tase us. ..

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    I am glad you brought this up. We have a Sabre brand stun gun that we have been playing with. It CLAIMS 300,000 volts. With new batteries it does throw a spark about 2 1/2 inches long. The thing is that there is no stun effect at all. Oh there is pain, about like a 300 pound biker giving you a titty twister (purple nurple?). The kids and I commonly take hit of it for 30 seconds at a time while calmly proclaiming "Don't Tase me, bro." The only reason that we stop then is because of uncertainty about the origin of the smoke that starts to rise.

I am telling the kids that the real Taser must certainly be tougher than civilian models. What do you say? Is the police Taser really all that? what technically speaking, is the difference between the two? More voltage, more current? Is it simply because of the needles? If we had access to one, the three of us would definitely give it a work out.

I've played with one that claimed 1,000,000 volts and it made my arm twitch. There has to be a difference.

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    I wonder how many people actually know what TASER stands for? Yes, it is an acronym.

I have never been OCed, but I have been CSed. I hear that OC is worse. I don't want to find out.

CoachStall

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    Johnson County
    I am glad you brought this up. We have a Sabre brand stun gun that we have been playing with. It CLAIMS 300,000 volts. With new batteries it does throw a spark about 2 1/2 inches long. The thing is that there is no stun effect at all. Oh there is pain, about like a 300 pound biker giving you a titty twister (purple nurple?). The kids and I commonly take hit of it for 30 seconds at a time while calmly proclaiming "Don't Tase me, bro." The only reason that we stop then is because of uncertainty about the origin of the smoke that starts to rise.

I am telling the kids that the real Taser must certainly be tougher than civilian models. What do you say? Is the police Taser really all that? what technically speaking, is the difference between the two? More voltage, more current? Is it simply because of the needles? If we had access to one, the three of us would definitely give it a work out.

There is a difference between a taser and a stun. Stun is strictly pain. A Taser induces neuromuscular incapacitation (NMI). That is what locks your body up and incapacitates you.

The law enforcement tasers cycle for 5 seconds, where civilian tasers cycle for 30 sec. The reason for 30sec is, you tase the bad guy, drop the taser and run for safety while the guy is in NMI. Taser will replace your taser if you file a police report. You are able to get the civilian tasers that will induce NMI.

The Amps of the taser are what causes pain. The LEO and Civilian models have the same Amps. Volts are similar. Largest difference are available cartridges for the taser probes. LEO can hit a target up to 35 feet. Civilian cartridges max out at 15 feet.

Hope this helps.

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    OK, I'll probably get flamed for being way out of the loop on this one, but I've got to ask, "why is everyone getting tased and sprayed?" Training classes?? Really bad LEO encounters?? Or do you just really dig pain and suffering??

CoachStall

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    Johnson County
    Nice video man. I haven't been tased yet but got hit with OC for the first time last month. I'd be fine with never getting hit with it again. It was not pleasant. Best thing is to just try to keep mentally calm and focus on breathing. The pain passes...eventually lol.

Thanks for the heads up! I think you have probably passed the worse of the two...

OK, I'll probably get flamed for being way out of the loop on this one, but I've got to ask, "why is everyone getting tased and sprayed?" Training classes?? Really bad LEO encounters?? Or do you just really dig pain and suffering??

For LEO to carry these tools, Taser and OC spray, the LEO must experience the effects they will inflict upon the subject involved.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    The little bit of pepper spray I caught in the slight breeze after I had to use it on a dog in an alley in Gary was horrible. I can't imagine a direct shot to the face.

Top Bottom