• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Blown71X

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2013
    Boone County
    Well, I needed a real serious case of venting (Reference 25 year marriage in the toilet thread) as I have had kinda a rough week
    So I had planned today to take a scary black gun and some binary around the corner to the neighbors private range and just blow some sh#*t up

Was sitting on the porch this morning and one of the county locals dropped by to visit and discuss the current events, I had made the comment
    that I was gonna go take my mind off of this stuff for a little while and kill some binary and hope ya don`t get any calls :):

Well several hours later I decide to go.........
    8- 1 pounders of H2 individually over a period of a couple of hours
    100 rounds of 9MM
    150ish rounds of 5.56 (Belt loop bump firing the last 30 rd mag)

Picked up some of the brass, cleaned up the left over plastic and came home, (around the corner about 3/4 of a mile) and am sitting outside when the same
    County officer pulls down the driveway, Laughing, "ya been blowing stuff up ?"
    Me: Mayyybeeeee.... with a smile

Yep someone called, loud explosions and automatic gunfire
    Call came from over a mile and a half away :rockwoot:

I hope it makes the police blog in the paper :cool:

On a serious note, someone needs to teach the sheeple that 1: it is perfectly legal
    and 2: the difference between real full auto fire and rapid firing is alot.

Did bring my spirits up a tad today so it was worth it.

Rick

Last edited:

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    I visited a friend with a range out back, and cut loose a mag from an AR just by pulling the trigger, no bump fire or anything, and one of his neighbors later asked him if there had been something full auto at his place. That was even a guy that should have known better. Now, I have a Winchester SX3 that can easily fire as fast as an M2 and as a 12ga it's at least as loud, but still, one at a time. FA's not in the budget :)

Walt G

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Hendricks co
    Same thang happened to use 3 years a go, the finally gave up and quit call . We just always made twice as much noise after the County Mountie left. It's just something that makes you grin when the bumpski ak47 rolls out.

eric001

Vaguely well-known member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Buddy and I once did full mag dumps on our AK's at the same time...roughly alternating shots. It sure sounded like FA :biggun: from a distance... and the poor target didn't quite survive that little experiment.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    When I was a youngster, someone would occasionally go to the farm a few hundred yards away and shoot some full auto. It never occurred to us to call the sheriff. I just always wished I could get in on the action.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    So people who might not be educated in "everything guns" and hear gunfire and explosions are sheeple?

Ok....

You don't need to be an expert, just a little basic knowledge of something that's all around you, whether you want to acknowledge it or not, will go a long way to not wasting the time of law enforcement etc. This is where we get MDA and VPC calling 911 on OCers when there's no law being violated, just their little precious unique snowflake feelings, and guys being shot to death at Walmart or Costco for no good reason. And yes, a lot of them are sheeple.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    You don't need to be an expert, just a little basic knowledge of something that's all around you, whether you want to acknowledge it or not, will go a long way to not wasting the time of law enforcement etc. This is where we get MDA and VPC calling 911 on OCers when there's no law being violated, just their little precious unique snowflake feelings, and guys being shot to death at Walmart or Costco for no good reason. And yes, a lot of them are sheeple.

I'm not sure why a simple call of "automatic fire" ought to be a reason for official response. One might argue that explosions could indicate some accident had occurred and somebody's well being might be in jeopardy. I've never set off any of that stuff some I'm guessing that it would be difficult to discern it was somebody blowing up stuff for fun and somebody's gas stove has just blown up. But I tend to agree that Americans have had it impressed into their psyche that automatic weapons are bad and all are illegal to possess, fire, or exist, they're sheeple.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    If I got a nickle for every time a cop was called on mt and left me unarrested I'd be a rich man. Since I was a whipersnapper it seems my neighbor called the police on me rather than ask me to stop doing what I may have been or maybe just come over and join in the always legal fun. I have a neighbor across the street who calls them everytime I go and get the mail with my shorts on, says I am wearing my underwear. So I started wearing my underwear since as long as I ain't nekkid, it ain't illegal. I miss living out in the country but there it would alwats be about noise, again it is perfectly legal when the sun is up, since I was always shooting.

In any case I hope it ll works out. Keep doing what you're doing and screw 'em.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    I'm not sure why a simple call of "automatic fire" ought to be a reason for official response. One might argue that explosions could indicate some accident had occurred and somebody's well being might be in jeopardy. I've never set off any of that stuff some I'm guessing that it would be difficult to discern it was somebody blowing up stuff for fun and somebody's gas stove has just blown up. But I tend to agree that Americans have had it impressed into their psyche that automatic weapons are bad and all are illegal to possess, fire, or exist, they're sheeple.

I can see that point. Explosions, as legal as they may be, are unusual, and do often indicate something wrong.

If I got a nickle for every time a cop was called on mt and left me unarrested I'd be a rich man. Since I was a whipersnapper it seems my neighbor called the police on me rather than ask me to stop doing what I may have been or maybe just come over and join in the always legal fun. I have a neighbor across the street who calls them everytime I go and get the mail with my shorts on, says I am wearing my underwear. So I started wearing my underwear since as long as I ain't nekkid, it ain't illegal. I miss living out in the country but there it would alwats be about noise, again it is perfectly legal when the sun is up, since I was always shooting.

In any case I hope it ll works out. Keep doing what you're doing and screw 'em.

I have a neighbor like that. Called the cops on me when my dog jumped the fence, and he (the dog) was still restrained by the cable, but the stop had slipped. He could barely get over the fence, and no farther. I had to call the cops on him when he had his son molest my bushes over the fence. Real wanker, I tell ya.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    I am so lucky that my neighbors are crazy gun nuts just like me. When I shoot something the guy next door drags something out to see if he can make more noise then me!! He can't but he is trying !! :laugh: I love my neighbors!! We get along great!

And blowing holes in stuff is great therapy! Works very well for me. I haven't tried the binary stuff "yet" anyways.

Mad Macs

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 3, 2011
    Plainfield, IN
    Whoa, relax everybody. I'm simply stating that people might not be comfortable with gunfire AND explosions and would consider that something worthy of calling the police on. I live on the outskirts of Plainfield and hear gunshots pretty much all year long from people on their farm close to us. However, if I heard a loud explosion I might be wondering if something bad happened and I might consider calling the police.

That's all I'm saying. Insulting those people who might not be up on what's going on isn't called for.

Last edited:

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    I am so lucky that my neighbors are crazy gun nuts just like me. When I shoot something the guy next door drags something out to see if he can make more noise then me!! He can't but he is trying !! :laugh: I love my neighbors!! We get along great!

And blowing holes in stuff is great therapy! Works very well for me. I haven't tried the binary stuff "yet" anyways.

Yep. When someone hears louder gunfire around here, they walk over to the neighbor's house to see their new gun.

OP.... you don't happen to live on the WESTERN edge of Boone co near Montgomery do ya? I heard something kind of like that just after dark last night ;)

Top Bottom