• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    Well I decided to go back with a Glock. (Please refrain from all the "I told you so's" I know I know... :):). I have a G17 gen3 a while back an traded it off for another for no other reason than I just really didn't like how they look and honestly still don't for that matter. But fact of the matter is I can just shoot lights out with one! I don't know what the deal is but there is no other pistol Ive owned that I can shoot as good as a Glock. If it be the 17 that I personally owned or the other various models Ive shot of friends an family. Who knew... I don't know if any one else has experienced this or not?.... But needless to say I guess Glock has claimed another lifer. So this G17 gen3 has re entered as my EDC. Looks like now Ill just be looking into another Glock to add to the stable now :):

Glock_zps66aeab23.jpg

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    If you like it, you should certainly carry it. I don't see how it's any uglier that any other gun, but I guess that's in the eye of the beholder. I will someday own a Glock 17. They don't fit my hand as well as others, but I still enjoy shooting it. I really like the Get 2 model, but may go with the Gen 3.

milton

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    There's beauty in simplicity. Congrats on one of my favorite pistols! I feel the same way you do when it comes to shooting glocks.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Carry what you shoot best. If you are good with the Glock, then it's the gun to carry for you. I used to hate the looks of the Glock, but over the years, they've grown on me. There is a zen like simplicity to a Glock, inside and out. I like that. They are not the best looking guns out there, but I do like them better than some of the over done poly guns that have gone overboard with grip texture.

Who Dares Wins

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2010
    Plainfield
    Simplicity is good and I do like the looks of a Glock. I always put a Hogue Slip-on type grip on mine. I like other pistols too, but I have never sold a Glock.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I walked into an almost unfired 3rd Gen G17 a few years ago....before "the panic". It was "used" - but was pristine. Got it for less than the LEO/MIL discount would've gotten on a brand new gun.

Bought a pile of mags - all piece-meal over the next few months.

Found a RAVEN PHANTOM in the bargain bin at Bradis...for $20.

Then I sold it after a few months as I decided to pare down my "collection" and streamline it. :-(

I really don't regret most of my sales/trades - but that one I do due to how complete of a kit it was.

-J-

HamYankee

Expert
    Rating - 97.5%
    39   1   0
    Jan 24, 2014
    Hendricks County
    I never wanted to like Glocks. I hated them, but the more I read and thought about it, I decided to make the leap and get one.
    Having shot M&Ps, XDs, and a SIG, I have seen with my own eyes I shoot the beautifully simple Glocks best.
    Can't blame you for trying something else. Glad you have what works for you.

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    Ha ha thanks for not ribbing me to much fellas lol. But I have to agree with pretty much everything said. At the end of the day the pistol has to be reliable which Glocks are and you have to accurately and confidently be able to shoot it, which for me is a Glock. I still don't have the slightest clue as to why but I can.

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    Of my 6 handguns, I do shoot my EDC the best, a Glock 19. I've carried and shoot reasonably well a Beretta 92 but the 19 and me are just made for each other.

Top Bottom