• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kcw12

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 4, 2008
    Welp. As I look at the dove regulations from last year, and I know there not going to change, I look to my old A.H. Fox shotgun, that has taken many a limit on a box of shells a trip. Knowing it can't handle steel shot, i bought a Stoeger uplander a few years back, 3 boxes of shells and 12 birds later, i went to the house. It was like that for the next two years. puff of feathers, but no dead birdies. I sold it, it went bang every time, never had a problem with it. I told myself, You'll get another gun, one that will handle like that old fox. Well Dove season is about a month away, and i sit here, knowing i can't afford steel shot alternatives, and haven't been able to get any Private land to hunt on, I know i need another gun.

What is the question. My only other experiences are with guns much older then me (1897 and model 12 winchesters, model 10 rems, you know the good guns). Any idea? Maybe a 1100 rem? Mossburg 500? A single shot NEF?

Hoosierman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 1, 2013
    Have you looked at Hevi shot shells? They can be had for $28/box at Cabelas, yeah it's more expensive, but not by a whole lot. It's going to take you a lot of years of shooting to make that up after spending several hundred on another shotgun.

Top Bottom