• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Haven't had a day like this one before. G19X, G45 & G17M, brought all three home. I doubt I'll shoot the X or M, the G45 will likely be my new EDC.

16043jPh.jpg

a local city police officer has a website and fb page (8541 tactical) and he loves his glock 45, he ran over 1k rounds with out cleaning and trying to limp wrist jam it, and it ran like a top! not one hiccup!

Holy smokes you lucky dog! I was happy with my XDM 10 mm which arrived yesterday and I qualified with it today. Enjoy!

off duty? I didn't think isp would let you carry anything but the p227?

Skullglide

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 21, 2014
    Otterbein
    I picked up a G45 with the amglo sights. I was on the fence of this whole 19 slide 17 grip setup. After shooting 350 rounds today, I am impressed. I have owned a gen 1 17 for over 20 years and 30,000 rounds. This new G45 just works. I like the sights (I use Trijicon HD's on my other Glocks). The balance works great for me. I have a pile of 17 mags. I like the no finger groove frame.
    The 17M is intriguing, I would be interested in shooting one sometime.
    Did not handle a 19X, but figure it is close to the G45.
    Where did you pick those up.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Yeah, I know Glock pistols aren't exactly collector firearms but I'm hoping that someday it'll be worth a pretty penny to the right person. There aren't many out there and the last one I saw sold went for $2000.

Holy crap, really? I've got an extra that I bought from a retiree to use as a training gun. I'd have a tough time turning down $2k.

What makes the Glock 17m different and rare?

The only differences between the "M" and a Gen 5 are the rollmark, a proprietary coating on some internals vs nickel in the Gen 5, and exclusivity.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Non identical triplets eh?

Jenkins has both the G-19x and G-45, very tempting, but I just don't need either.
    Anyway, I fired a 19M once last year in Reno Nevada, very nice.
    So somebody answer me this, can you take the G-45 frame and add a full slide, and or take the G-45 slide and match it to a medium frame?
    Or even color mis match the G-19x slide with a G-45 frame?

TLHelmer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Oct 3, 2010
    Evansville area
    a local city police officer has a website and fb page (8541 tactical) and he loves his glock 45, he ran over 1k rounds with out cleaning and trying to limp wrist jam it, and it ran like a top! not one hiccup!

off duty? I didn't think isp would let you carry anything but the p227?

Not in uniform, but off duty or in plain clothes.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Non identical triplets eh?

Jenkins has both the G-19x and G-45, very tempting, but I just don't need either.
    Anyway, I fired a 19M once last year in Reno Nevada, very nice.
    So somebody answer me this, can you take the G-45 frame and add a full slide, and or take the G-45 slide and match it to a medium frame?
    Or even color mis match the G-19x slide with a G-45 frame?
    You can mix and match the g45 and 19x parts. I dont know if a 17 slide would work on the frame of the g45 or the 19x though because it's a 19 frame, just a 17 grip. I guess I could try and report back but I'm sure one of the more knowledgeble glock guys could answer this.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I'm genuinely surprised that ISP will let you qualify with anything in 10mm for carry off duty. That's excellent!

Does anyone know if IMPD authorizes 10mm for off duty? Just curious.

IMPD authorizes anything from .38 - .45 caliber so 10mm is good to go.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Thanks, T T, inquiring minds want to know.

I'll stop by Jenkins today as I do now weekly looking for that Trade in G-21 gen 3 SF, all the drool on the new guns counter will be mine, I wish they would light up the used portion of the display case.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Thanks, T T, inquiring minds want to know.

I'll stop by Jenkins today as I do now weekly looking for that Trade in G-21 gen 3 SF, all the drool on the new guns counter will be mine, I wish they would light up the used portion of the display case.

They had a couple of used Glock 30s (Gen 3) in the dark corner of the used display case for $325 last week. That's a really good deal on those.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Thanks Route I saw those and some others, I am looking for a gen 3 SF or gen 4 G-21, they had one a month ago and I took a G-17 gen 4 instead.

Mustang1911

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 19, 2015
    Westfield
    You can mix and match the g45 and 19x parts. I dont know if a 17 slide would work on the frame of the g45 or the 19x though because it's a 19 frame, just a 17 grip. I guess I could try and report back but I'm sure one of the more knowledgeble glock guys could answer this.

Yes you can mix and match the G45 ang 19X slides and frames since they are essentially the same gun. There’s even YouTube proof of this working

I haven't tried it but from what I’ve read (online, which is never wrong ) is that you cannot mix 19 and 17 barrels and slides. I think it was because something is different about the barrel lockup, but I haven’t tried it personally so I don’t know exactly what’s different. And I’d guess the 19X and G45 have the same lockup as a 19. Even if you could drop a 17 slide onto a 19, the recoil spring would be exposed from underneath with the shorter dust cover of the 19

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I still haven't had an opportunity to shoot it but I've got the G45 dressed up and ready to party. I contacted Andrew at Henry Holsters and found that he already made a holster which would work for the G45 and the Inforce APLc so I ordered one of each. I did a fair bit of research on the APLc prior to ordering and I'll admit to having been somewhat less than impressed with the Inforce offerings in the past but this model is an upgrade over previous iterations and I think it'll fill the role I need it for quite nicely.

I don't even know what to say about Henry Holsters at this point other than I have yet to see anyone in the heat molded holster industry to even comes close to competing with the fit/function/retention of these holsters. This is my first model with Andrew's ModWing and it is a game changer. If concealability is a priority for you, I don't think you'll find a better option on the market. I understand that not everyone is a fan of AIWB carry but if you are, look no further than Hoosier made Henry Holsters.

VjvAiWAh.jpg

6Tb4acQh.jpg

4T775ifh.jpg

Top Bottom