• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RMC

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 7, 2012
    McCordsville
    I went to the range to sight in my Ruger 22/45 target pistol and had a damnit. The gun quit shooting and then I noticed one of the pins had worked itself over halfway out and I couldn't get it back in.

I took it home and field stripped it so I could get everything aligned. That's when it happened. The guts fell out and it appears that I was missing item #30, the trigger pivot retainer. I can order the part and can get all the pieces close to where they belong but I haven't a clue where the other springs are supposed to be applying tension. If that retainer is in there I can't see it and if it isn't, I have no idea how it goes in.

Help!

Seven High

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2011
    My suggestion would be to send it to Ruger for repairs. There could be other issues that you are not aware of.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Where are you at? If you're in Fort Wayne, I might be able to help as I had to do this stuff a lot on my wife's gun.

RMC

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 7, 2012
    McCordsville
    I called Ruger today and they're sending me the spring I'm missing free of charge. I was told they would even have one of their technicians talk me through the process of reassembly.

It's nice to know there are still places that care about customer service.

ctbreitwieser

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    DuCo.
    While its apart, order one of these- BAM's Hammer Bushing and replace the mag release safety. I replaced mine and its much better. The mags drop right out and dont have to be pulled out, I think it slightly improved my trigger, and it goes together much easier since you dont have to worry about those stupid odd shaped peices that it replaces.

It replaces these 2 parts-

2012-10-23_19-28-04_250.jpg

Trust me, its worth it. If you go to the Ruger boards you'll see everyone replaces them, and the Bam bushings are good to go. Mine took about a week or two to come in, and $15 bucks you cant beat it.

ctbreitwieser

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    DuCo.
    I just noticed in that picture that you can see this guy made his own makeshift deal. The little bushing with the washer on it in the bottom center of the pic.

Steve B

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    KEWANNA
    While its apart, order one of these- BAM's Hammer Bushing and replace the mag release safety. I replaced mine and its much better. The mags drop right out and dont have to be pulled out, I think it slightly improved my trigger, and it goes together much easier since you dont have to worry about those stupid odd shaped peices that it replaces.

It replaces these 2 parts-

2012-10-23_19-28-04_250.jpg

Trust me, its worth it. If you go to the Ruger boards you'll see everyone replaces them, and the Bam bushings are good to go. Mine took about a week or two to come in, and $15 bucks you cant beat it.

+1
    Best $15 you can spend on a 22/45.

xxkornxx56

Marksman
    Rating - 80%
    4   1   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Clinton
    Anytime I have an issue with the internals of my firearm youtube is my first stop and if that doesn't help then go to your normal firearm dealer. A good dealer would be more than happy to give you a hand.

RMC

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 7, 2012
    McCordsville
    I finally got the #%$&^ thing back together and it appears to be correct. Well, at least everything seems to be working the way it should. I'm going to ECPR in the morning to sight the red dot in and compare the stock 40 cal barrel in my Glock M35 to the Lone Wolf barrel.

Top Bottom