• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    Long story short a sister-in-law of mine years ago married someone that she should have not really, the dude is in is early 20's with the maturity of a 16 year old. They have two kids together, one is a little over 2 the other is a little over 1. He can't hold down a job and rarley wants to work.

We expected that he was cheating due to some face book comments a girl was making on his page....

Well the other day said sister-in-law and him got into an argument and I guess she confronted him or something and he left and hitch-hiked to town (the live int he sicks in another state out west) and then got enough money for someone to get a bus ticket.... he is now in IL (has family) and posted on face book that he was going to go back Monday but left town because she was acting inmature and needed to grow up...

Come to find out as of late he was beating on her and left some marks but like most batterd women she did not call the cops.

Well when he left he was not spart enough to take the computer with him... a friend of her's knows a thing or two about computers and lets just say he was able to confirm her suspicions so she printed off all sorts of proof and is getting a divorce and restraining order and has sinc emoved back in with her parents since she only has a part-time job.

She was also paying for his cell phone bill and it was in her name...... he no longer has a working cell phone.....

Last I heard he has no idea that she has all the proof and nobody has yet to call him out on Facebook about it but when that happens....:popcorn:
    On a better note......... there may be some guns that end up being sent to an Indy FFL for pick up......;)...... depending on if he comes back.....

He also has a project car that has the motor out of it...... I am hearing that it may be in her name to...... told the family that if he does not come back that it could be sold for scrap to help pay for food and stuff..... it is also in someone elses garage who I know would rather see it gone.

Her and I don't really get along but when you cheat not to mention abandoning your kids and all then thats just not right.

starbreather

Master
    Rating - 95.3%
    61   3   0
    Mar 21, 2010
    exiting stage left!
    Sounds terrible and caught in the middle are the children. Sound as if you SIL will be much better off as long as she can stop the cycle and not be a loser magnet. You should, through the grape vine, mention good time to further her education. Single parents often can get a great amount of help with finances and tuition with grants and loans if needed. I remember when my marriage began talk about rocky, I often remember a good rule of thumb if you wouldn't tell your children you probably shouldn't do it.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Sounds like she had a real POS on her hands. As they say good riddance to bad rubbish. Hopefully he runs into some really creepy people out hitch hiking.

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    jerryspringer_320x240.jpg

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    Guys him give the rest of us good ones a bad name. I'm glad she finally got rid of him, too bad it wasn't sooner. I really hope she learns from this and doesn't date any more losers from now on and picks a smarter more mature guy that will actually treat her better. I have a special name for guys like him, punching bag. ;)

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    Guys him give the rest of us good ones a bad name. I'm glad she finally got rid of him, too bad it wasn't sooner. I really hope she learns from this and doesn't date any more losers from now on and picks a smarter more mature guy that will actually treat her better. I have a special name for guys like him, punching bag. ;)

What you will find out later in life is some women are drawn to dumbasses like the person the op is describing.

When she moves on she will be found with another dumbass just like the last one.

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    What you will find out later in life is some women are drawn to dumbasses like the person the op is describing.

When she moves on she will be found with another dumbass just like the last one.

I know that more than you realize. But eventually some of them to learn from their mistakes and go a different route. I'm just hoping she's one of them. Both for her sake and her kids.

If she doesn't learn from it and find better guys. Well that's her own fault and I feel sorry for her kids having to grow up in a situation like that.

Redskinsfan

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2008
    Southern Indiana

Yes, often that is true and too bad. She can learn and do differently, but often the woman does not (neither do many men).

Terry

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis

Doesn't always happen that way; my sister got out of a bad relationship and eventually got married; they've been married for over 20 years now. But the women who tend toward abusers do seem to choose them over and over, in general.

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Wisdom of the ages...
    A woman's personality will change sometime in her 20's; marry her after this happens.

Some women, usually before their personality change, look for a "bad boy" to reform. She expects him to prove his love for her by changing for her. He doesn't. Instead, he beats her up and leaves, usually after giving her a couple of kids. (I wouldn't call it "fathering" because he is not and never will be a father. He's only a sperm donor.)

After a woman "grows up," she realizes a man's basic character isn't going to change. She then starts looking for a decent man instead of a bad boy. If she doesn't grow up and accept reality, she keeps trying to live a Romance Novel Life and looks for another bad boy. There are plenty of perpetual adolescents out there.

Just my observations; your mileage may vary.

Knife Lady

PROUD TO BE AN ARMY BRAT
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Central USA
    I have seen many a men make poor choices on their women as well.
    This husband is a loser and will be for a long time. He is a terrible husband and a lousy father. He has not grown up nor does he have a heart.
    Hopefully she has seen the red flags and will identify them in the future and not keep choosing bad guys. I wish the best for her and her children.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Cheaters suck, my first wife cheated on me just before I got out of the service to come home...guy was old enough to be her grandfather, it ended in divorce. Then we ended up married again for a few more years an same thing happened, only this guy was only old enough to be her father. I learned alot of things...I just wished I had learned the wisdom of the great, late George Carlin sooner....."If you love someone, set them free. If they come back, set them on fire."

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Wisdom of the ages...
    A woman's personality will change sometime in her 20's; marry her after this happens.

Some women, usually before their personality change, look for a "bad boy" to reform. She expects him to prove his love for her by changing for her. He doesn't. Instead, he beats her up and leaves, usually after giving her a couple of kids. (I wouldn't call it "fathering" because he is not and never will be a father. He's only a sperm donor.)

After a woman "grows up," she realizes a man's basic character isn't going to change. She then starts looking for a decent man instead of a bad boy. If she doesn't grow up and accept reality, she keeps trying to live a Romance Novel Life and looks for another bad boy. There are plenty of perpetual adolescents out there.

Just my observations; your mileage may vary.
    I've found it to be more in their early to mid thirties. I have mucho experience in this. My ex wife was 34 when she started screwing around with a convicted felon who worked at a car wash. After we got divorced, I dated eight different women, over a two year period of time. All but one of them had filed for divorce from their husbands between the ages of 30 and 36. The one that didn't, was 23, and had never been married. My wife was 34 when she filed for divorce from her husband. What does all this mean? Dunno.:dunno:

Top Bottom