• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    You have to look hard to find a product not made in China in most stores.
    I got two models of Buck folding knives some months ago and I was surprised to see see that they were made in the USA now, when some months ago the same models were made in China.

gdkaiser

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Michiana-South Bend
    I would prefer to buy American but its pretty hard these days thats why I buy Rugers but even then not shure if all of them are made with all USA parts I have a XD built in the USA but with foreign parts at least its of a fairly decent quality... and when I bought my 1911 I would have bought a SR1911 but they were unable to be found so I have a Rock Island Tact built in the Phillipines (at least its a US territory still?)

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Some of the smaller Buck knives are still made in China

Those are not not expensive ones but they were previously made in China and with the economical situation Buck decided to bring them back to a US factory.
    You dont see many companies doing that even if the smart move would be not to send your factories in China in the first place.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I have no problem with products made outside the US.
    You can find great quality products that are not US made (Glock for exemple) and where they do not use slaves to make them.
    I just have a products with products made in China where they use slaves.
    I am glad slavery is over in the US, why would I buy something made buy a slave in another country and support them by doing so.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I would prefer to buy American but its pretty hard these days thats why I buy Rugers but even then not shure if all of them are made with all USA parts I have a XD built in the USA but with foreign parts at least its of a fairly decent quality... and when I bought my 1911 I would have bought a SR1911 but they were unable to be found so I have a Rock Island Tact built in the Phillipines (at least its a US territory still?)

It's are to find "made in the USA" products who are actually made in the USA 100%.
    Last time I bought a Kel Tec pistol the box said "100% made in the USA with USA made parts".I open the box, remove the magazine and find "made in Italy" on the magazine.
    For me a magazine is part of a gun. :dunno:

Unless you make something yourself you cannot be sure it's 100% US made.

iamaclone45

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    Indiana
    Darned if you do, darned if you don't.

People complain about products being made in China and then they complain about USA made products being so expensive.

I don't have a problem with products being made over-seas as long as they are quality. It's that "cheap Chinese crap" that I don't like.

rjstew317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 13, 2010
    Fishers
    I buy American when I can, but for some products it's next to impossible. The last pair of sneakers I bought were New Balance that were made right here in the good ol USA. I had to search forever to find them because they only produce a few styles here, the rest are made overseas. Can't seem to find any jeans made here (that I would wear) but I'm always on the lookout.

85t5mcss

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Zionsville-NW Indy
    Unless you make something yourself you cannot be sure it's 100% US made.
    My Daughter is American Made!

My daughter was adopted from China. Should I ship her back and buy one made in America?
    Good one! No insult. I have a friend with an adopted daughter from China. But still like the comment.

We (the general public) demanded cheaper prices. Suppliers found a way. We (general population) are lazy, greedy Americans. We have done this to ourselves. If we would work for a fair wage, companies would sell for a decent profit margin with no outrageous unrealistic expense, we could start rebuilding America on American soil.

I could go on for hours, but that's the jist of it.:patriot:

Top Bottom