• ...and so much more!
  • Blown71X

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2013
    Boone County
    I think this is ok for here, if not Mods please move it

I was working on a police car yesterday and noticed what appeared to be a virtually new 10 inch Rock River in the trunk lock mount with a 3 pin lower, I'm used to seeing 3 pinners but most are usually governmented colts and most have been neutered and look like they have been run thru the ringer. This one stood out because of the lack of wear.
    Was chatting with the cop later while I was finishing up his car and asked him if the fun pieces were still in it, Yep.....told me he ordered it that way and it was only a 25 dollar option for the auto and that the whole thing was like 1170 dollars new..Exact figures or not........THIS SUCKS !! Lol
    Makes me wanna be a cop :)
    He did say it was fun to shoot.
    Most of us know if that was a legit transferable what it is worth in today's market.
    It would be SO nice to be able to buy new stuff.....
    The NFA needs to go away !!!!

Rick

Last edited:

GlockRock

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    I'm in the process or ordering my new rifle at work. Rock River 9mm with 10.5 barrell and selector switch.:):

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    It wasn't the 1934 National Firearms Act that caused full auto/select fire weapons to be so expensive or new ones unavailable. It was the 1986 ban that caused the prices of really old automatic weapons to skyrocket.

The NFA was approved because it was only a tax on ownership, which technically is still an infringement, but Justice Roberts reaffirmed it being legal when he approved obama-care provisions being legal because they were a tax.

Agree the 1934 NFA needs to be struck down, but if the 1986 ban would be challenged and found unconstitutional, then the prices of full auto/select fire weapons would drop dramatically and new ones would be available to we the people on an even level with uniformed civilians.

Last edited:

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    I agree. The NFA sucks and needs to be done with.

I could say that for most of the government agencies that regulate either my home or business. FDA, USDA, EPA, OSHA, yadayada, and that includes some of the municipal departments as well. One day I was trying to list all of them. When I got over 20 it was just too depressing so I threw the list away.

I've heard someone refer to it generically as the "Department of Making Me Sad" shows up

Blown71X

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2013
    Boone County
    It wasn't the 1934 National Firearms Act that caused full auto/select fire weapons to be so expensive or new ones unavailable. It was the 1986 ban that caused the prices of really old automatic weapons to skyrocket.

I know this but for the simplicity of posting and the simple fact that I had not finished my first cup of coffee yet....it was way easier to just say the NFA sucks.. :)

Rick

Top Bottom