• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    But folks, perhaps, walking by should just 'mind their own business' and not call those damn 'JBT's' 'cause it's nobody's business but the parents! Right? :xmad:

Harris has been charged with murder and cruelty to children for the death of his infant child. Good, I hope Harris spends the rest of his life in prison.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    As horribly tragic as this is, I don't see how it is murder. God help this man. He did something careless and stupid and absolutely unforgiveable. But I don't believe he murdered his child.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    As horribly tragic as this is, I don't see how it is murder. God help this man. He did something careless and stupid and absolutely unforgiveable. But I don't believe he murdered his child.

Based upon what I see here, and assuming "murder" there requires specific intent, I agree.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    § 16-5-1. Murder; felony murder

(a) A person commits the offense of murder when he unlawfully and with malice aforethought, either express or implied, causes the death of another human being.
    (b) Express malice is that deliberate intention unlawfully to take the life of another human being which is manifested by external circumstances capable of proof. Malice shall be implied where no considerable provocation appears and where all the circumstances of the killing show an abandoned and malignant heart.
    (c) A person also commits the offense of murder when, in the commission of a felony, he causes the death of another human being irrespective of malice.
    (d) A person convicted of the offense of murder shall be punished by death, by imprisonment for life without parole, or by imprisonment for life.

O.C.G.A. § 16-5-1

The only way I see the murder charge is if they are using the child endangerment or child neglect as a predicate felony and calling this felony murder. Personally, it seems like overcharging.

Hexlobular

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2014
    SWI

I don't believe "murder" is the right word, either. Involuntary Manslaughter seems to fit, though.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Involuntary manslaughter tops, along with neglect and whatever else they can stack on with it being a child. He may get away with murder, but you'd have to prove it.

Hexlobular

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2014
    SWI
    Involuntary manslaughter tops, along with neglect and whatever else they can stack on with it being a child. He may get away with murder, but you'd have to prove it.

It's horrible, whatever it technically is. My personal opinion; the guy is a complete non-deserving-to-have-kids moron who will have to live with what he's done regardless of where they put him. He's created his own hell.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    But folks, perhaps, walking by should just 'mind their own business' and not call those damn 'JBT's' 'cause it's nobody's business but the parents! Right? :xmad:

Harris has been charged with murder and cruelty to children for the death of his infant child. Good, I hope Harris spends the rest of his life in prison.
    Geez, you're just full of the logical fail lately.

I have the solution, folks. Just give your children to the state now.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Well, at least INGO can take heart that there weren't any snitches who engaged in 'see something, say something' like Nazis would want you to do.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    This was just mentioned on the Today Show. One of their suggestions was to put your cell phone in the back seat with your child. God knows you won't forget your CELL PHONE because I mean, THAT'S important!

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    This was just mentioned on the Today Show. One of their suggestions was to put your cell phone in the back seat with your child. God knows you won't forget your CELL PHONE because I mean, THAT'S important!

That's a really good idea, because it will also keep people from messing with their phone while they're driving.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I am surrounded with children. I can not imagine how any one with a brain can forget a child. It is just not possible to do if you have more than a sack of nuts for a brain. Every time I hear of these kind of abuses it drills a hole straight through my heart. Tragic, yes it is. Stupid/idiotic/selfish do not begin to cover this.
    Murder, manslaughter.....only words. This POS deserves life.....period. Parenting is a full time job. It is the most difficult job we take on in life "IF YOU DO IT CORRECTLY"

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    That's a really good idea, because it will also keep people from messing with their phone while they're driving.

I guess anything that makes you remember you have a child in your back seat is good, but my point is that people that would (apparently) NEVER forget their cell phone will completely forget that a CHILD is with them. Sad commentary on those folks I think. :dunno:

Top Bottom