• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    The express finish is not parkerized it has is some cheaper version a matte blue. The police models finish is true parkerized. He was told the express model was parkerized and they sure look like they are but is is like a bead blasted finish and in his serial nUmber range something was left out of the process on the finish according to the letter he got from Remington. Rumor has it that another maker (mossburg)makes the Remington express barrels. I do know they make Remington barrels that look like the slug barrel he was using. If one company let the another make parts of the gun maybe it could be easy to make a little mistake as it is not your reputation on the line.

We thought it was parkerized. We did everything possible to stop that thing from rusting. cLP rem oil rig Johnson paste wax knocker loose penetration oil 3m silicone spray lube set it in a safe with a heating rod for a couple weeks and the rust was back. So to Remington it went and the one he picked up from the replacement gun store did not do it as bad but would rust up if set in the gun safe unused even if it was near soaking. It was traded away and a shiney 1980's 870 wing master took it's place just like I told him to get to begin with.

Where in the past a gun rep for Remington might have been asking for a better quality gun to compete with the competition maybe now those gun rep's are asking for a less expensive gun to compete with the marketplace. If something does not change I expect to see a rapid decline in Remington sales within the next five years. Reputation is only good for so long if the quality is not longer high enough to earn the reputation.

Remington target master 510 circa 1948 no real rust just used for 50 or better years no rust storage issues.
    remington 700's mostly bDL's and CDL's from the 1960's to 1990's no issues.
    Wingmasters and 1100's all wing master quality's pre 1986's no issue
    model 31 shotgun no issues.
    I could go on and on. Good thing about getting old is I have my fill of Remington's.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    IF you're depending on RemOil to lube and wipe down your weapons that's where your problem is. It just doesn't keep the rust off.
    Wipe them down wet with CLP and wipe dry. No more rust issues.
    It's not just Remington that's cheapened up the finishes. .

For more than 35 years, I`ve kept firearms rust free with exactly that recipe, a light coat of Rem-Oil, and not had issues, ever...until that 11-87...

Top Bottom