• ...and so much more!
  • DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    ok so heres my cat story, a few years ago, i saw a kitten running in the neighbors yard, scared poopless (it was july 4th and fireworks were EVERY where) i spent a 1/2 hour trying to catch it, i was going to take it to the pound (i hate cats!), the next day my daughters and then gf (now wife) stopped in the gun shop with what looked like a bracelet, i said "nice bracelet" to which my daughter replied "you mean cat collar!"...she said you chased that kitten for so long we thought you wanted a cat...they'd just left my "crazy cat lady" sisters house with a calico kitten they named sienea (or cici for short)... thats how we got the 1st cat!

now the second cat is a different story...the then gf (now wife) and i were out eating dinner, when my cell rings, its my daughter saying "dad...this black and white cat came up to me and started purring" i said NO!!!...as i hung up the phone, i could hear her start crying... "send me a pic"...and thats how we got emma...a black and white tux female...yes, a female stray cat, she was loving, and friendly...and pregnant!...just like every stray female cat...she had a litter of 4...3 were given away, and 1 was kept (oh and after she had the kittens, she wanted nothing to do with people for a long time)...did I mention I hate cats?

when my daughter moved out, she took cici and the 1 we kept from the litter, so we were down to emma, and that's when she blossomed into my cat, sitting on my lap, purring, sleeping at my feet in the bed...did I mention that I hate cats???

so my fil passed in January, he had 2 cats, they lived in the garage, he'd let them out in the morning, and shoo them back in the garage at night, since January, my step daughter has been going over and feeding them and changing the litter box, on Saturday, I said screw it, lets just bring them here to our house, so we picked up tigger and coco (both fixed females) everytime I went over there, tigger would run from me, and I could pet coco for hours, after coming to our house, tigger is has turned into a love bug, and coco just hides.

so for those keeping score
    3 dogs
    3 cats
    2 lizards
    2 parrots
    1 fish tank
    1 daughter (the other moved out)
    1 wife
    1 husband who is sick of all the animals (but I wouldn't get rid of 1!)
    And a partridge in a pear tree...

FIFY... :):

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Both of my rescue cats hid under the bed during last nights thunderfest.

LOL
    My cat couldn't give two ****s about storms. My dogs (well mainly just one) are basket cases at the first hint of a rumble of thunder. Every day I'm becoming more and more of a cat person. :):

Lmo1131

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2020
    east of the Pacific
    I have a Manx named Rufus and he is awesome. Won't be our last Manx either. He is super calm and laid back. Likes to lay on us when we are in bed sick. He has a "rumpy riser" not any tail.

We had Manxes for years. Super intelligent, athletic, dog-like loyalty and tend to pick one family member as "theirs". All of ours just wandered into our life from the street; no clue where they came from. Regis was our last.

Regis
    regis@6months.JPG

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    The problem cats have is that because of physical and psychological limitations they have so little opportunity to give back to people. When one of them realizes that a person appreciates interactions, that's when they can light up.

1978: Enter the Wampus.
    That's the way it was with this booger, a cat that always came when you whistled (including jumping into the passenger seat), told you when she wanted to be thrown two stories up into trees and looked to you for back up on dogs. She would also try to run off girl friends but those stories would fill another thread.

Nowadays...
    May Bell is on the cusp but hasn't reached a great level of valuing interaction. Eh, OK, she's this old so now maybe she never will. But she does know we have her back and I've been spending time with her. You just never know.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    DoggyMama and I were just talking about this the other night. We've both always been dog people as a given, but she also had cats, and converted me to being a cat person. We're both getting older, and as much as we love our dogs, cats are so much easier if you want to take a short vacation or something. Just put out an ample supply of food and water and go. Can't do that with dogs, and it's not always practical to take the dog with you if traveling. I could never imagine not having a dog, but now I'm starting to give it some thought (when the time comes).

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    DoggyMama and I were just talking about this the other night. We've both always been dog people as a given, but she also had cats, and converted me to being a cat person. We're both getting older, and as much as we love our dogs, cats are so much easier if you want to take a short vacation or something. Just put out an ample supply of food and water and go. Can't do that with dogs, and it's not always practical to take the dog with you if traveling. I could never imagine not having a dog, but now I'm starting to give it some thought (when the time comes).

After putting dog down 7 years ago, been strictly cats. Now getting another dog. Have a 6 year old cat-dog and a 8week old kitten now.

Not including 6 outdoor cats that are defense against moles and mice.

Top Bottom