• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • What should I spend my $200 at Gander Mountain on?!

• Total voters

Colinb913

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2012
    Newburgh
    So, today was my birthday. A few members of my family got me gift cards from Gander Mountain. All in all, I have $200 that I can spend at Gander.

I just don't know what to buy. I don't think I want to buy a gun from there. The gun I want is priced WAY too high. About $150 over what I am gonna get it for.

Should I stock up on ammo? Keep a eye on the used gun rack? Wait for a great deal? Ugh, help me decide INGO!

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    Wait for Sunday and see what they put on sale. Some of their everyday prices on safe accessories are not bad. They have decent prices on some things if you are a smart shopper

Ricnzak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    Noblesville
    In opposite to Ty I was going to say don't buy ammo it is so overpriced. I still think I'm right. Buy that new rifle case you've been wanting. Or that fly pole you would never spend the money on. Just saying.

87gsxr711

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 9, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Sounds like you have your mind made up on a gun from somewhere else. What about some nice accessories for it. Sling, sights, optics, cleaning supplies, stock, heavy barrel. The possibilities are endless.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    In opposite to Ty I was going to say don't buy ammo it is so overpriced. I still think I'm right. Buy that new rifle case you've been wanting. Or that fly pole you would never spend the money on. Just saying.

They run ammo on sale all the time at good prices. I would say half the ammo I have(100 rounds, boating accident) I got from Gander

TheRude1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 15, 2012
    INDY
    I say other

Get that nice pair of boots or something you dont have but would like to have ?

Either way HBD and many more !

canav844

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 22, 2011
    Keep an eye on the sales, keep an eye on the clearance racks. They do have good deals on Mosins from time to time. They've got a decent selection of clothing, again seasonal good sales there. My CT grips were $10 cheaper at gander than any online price I've seen to this date. Deals can be had, you've just got to be patient and educated on what you're looking at. I probably pop in twice per month, I probably purchase 2 or 3 things per year.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    Could always "sell" the gift cards to one of those websites and take your money elsewhere ....depending on what they pay and all.

Just a thought

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    I think your best two options are either taking a 10% hit on the $200 cards by selling them to someone else (as previously mentioned) or use the $200 to buy clothing staples (socks, shirts, etc) that you need anyway and that are priced more commensurately with other clothing places and shift the funds so that you can use your $200 elsewhere.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Ammo/accessories/etc. I hate the Gander but they do have some cool stuff and if you shop them right they will occasionally have a fair price on ammo and such. I did buy a butt load of CCI mini-mags from them for a decent price.

Happy Birthday.

Top Bottom