I have a hard time condemning the man...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Joniki

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NE Indiana
    As would I. Like I mentioned there's a different between crimes against people and those against property. I'm not going to try and kill or kidnap someone over something that has been stolen from me. Hurt my family, and I'll think of the most diabolical ways to exact justice, and when sitting in court and asked if I did it, I would say "gladly so."

Not too many years ago if you were caught on my horse you would get a custom fit rope.

We need to fix the mess pf a justice system we have today.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Not too many years ago if you were caught on my horse you would get a custom fit rope.

We need to fix the mess pf a justice system we have today.

This rabbit hole is so deep and twisted there is no fixing it.

Lawyers writing/passing laws for lawyers to manipulate in court.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    It shouldn't be. He's as much of a criminal as the people who took his car. I find crimes against persons well more egregious than crimes against property. A city councilman should know better. 10 years in the clink would be just about right for him to understand.

I bet those poor misunderstood criminals in this case don't even get charged.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    As would I. Like I mentioned there's a different between crimes against people and those against property. I'm not going to try and kill or kidnap someone over something that has been stolen from me. Hurt my family, and I'll think of the most diabolical ways to exact justice, and when sitting in court and asked if I did it, I would say "gladly so."
    See I disagree on property. Im not going to go to jail over property, or I should say, im not willing to go to jail over property.
    But I do believe you should be able to kill a thief in the act. I think the law needs changed.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Track your own car down fine.
    Find it occuppied. Dial 911 and wait.
    They go to leave follow. Call again stay on the line.

This could lead to a fight. (Zimmerman) so be ready.

If you have to take someone into custody inform 911.

Poorly played in this case.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

Exactly

alabasterjar

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2013
    Steuben County

Poorly played, agreed. But I still can't find any feels in me for the root cause... the dirtbags who stole in the first place. They are the ones that are 100% responsible for the outcome.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Poorly played, agreed. But I still can't find any feels in me for the root cause... the dirtbags who stole in the first place. They are the ones that are 100% responsible for the outcome.

I agree with that. But getting yourself jammed up getting your car back is not necessary.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    I agree with that. But getting yourself jammed up getting your car back is not necessary.

"jammed up"? Oh you mean because of laws. The same laws that prevented the perps from stealing the car in the first place. :rolleyes:

I most animatedly disagree.
    Even a simple thief stealing crap off my front porch. I will do anything in my power to get my property back. I'm getting too damn old to be a victim anymore. I'm done turning a blind eye to petty crimes. You do the crime, you should do the time. Unfortunately the prosecutors are not on the side of the innocents anymore, they are on the side to gathering brownie points for themselves so **** them.

There are no more incentives to keep these zombies from not doing crimes.
    Legally... Now days... Crime Does Pay. We need to stop that from happening or it will just continue.

The laws of the land have consistently been changing for the worse. It's hard to keep up with them especially when traveling through different states. One thing that has never changed, ever.... is Right vs Wrong. I know where I stand.

Doing the right thing is not always legal...

again-

When it comes to a car getting stolen?
    Let's say the perp took if from a gas station as you went in to pay and get coffee. Did you have guns in the car? Did you just give a bad guy some guns? How about your phone? Aren't there contacts in there? Don't tell me you left your bag in there too. So now he has your address book full of friends and family. Not to mention the dirtbag also has your home address and name from the registration in the glove box.

There is no way in hell that I am NOT going to go after him with everything I've got and I will not stop until I get my stuff back. Legal Speegle?... sort it all out later.

This is not just about the value of a car that you can write off with an insurance company.

Now I'm going to hear.... "That's called vigilante justice." Call it what you want but it's worked for thousands of years.

"We live in a land of laws" - Get back to me when those laws STOP protecting the badguys as much as they do now.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    A citizen's arrest.
    He should have held them, and called the cops.
    Failing that, he should have stopped at the nearest station.
    He didn't do that either.

Joniki

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NE Indiana
    "jammed up"? Oh you mean because of laws. The same laws that prevented the perps from stealing the car in the first place. :rolleyes:

Even a simple thief stealing crap off my front porch. I will do anything in my power to get my property back. I'm getting too damn old to be a victim anymore. I'm done turning a blind eye to petty crimes. You do the crime, you should do the time. Unfortunately the prosecutors are not on the side of the innocents anymore, they are on the side to gathering brownie points for themselves so **** them.

Legally... Now days... Crime Does Pay. We need to stop that from happening or it will just continue.

The laws of the land have consistently been changing for the worse. It's hard to keep up with them especially when traveling through different states. One thing that has never changed, ever.... is Right vs Wrong. I know where I stand.

again-

Let's say the perp took if from a gas station as you went in to pay and get coffee. Did you have guns in the car? Did you just give a bad guy some guns? How about your phone? Aren't there contacts in there? Don't tell me you left your bag in there too. So now he has your address book full of friends and family. Not to mention the dirtbag also has your home address and name from the registration in the glove box.

There is no way in hell that I am NOT going to go after him with everything I've got and I will not stop until I get my stuff back. Legal Speegle?... sort it all out later.

This is not just about the value of a car that you can write off with an insurance company.

Now I'm going to hear.... "That's called vigilante justice." Call it what you want but it's worked for thousands of years.

"We live in a land of laws" - Get back to me when those laws STOP protecting the badguys as much as they do now.

OK Duck, let's start writing some new laws. I am right with you on this....

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

again-

If you owned a small store, would you shoot a person stealing bread or one stealing a coat on a snowy night?

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    If you owned a small store, would you shoot a person stealing bread or one stealing a coat on a snowy night?

Shoot?

They wouldn't leave the store (that I would never own) with stolen goods if I were there. I would never consider harming anyone unless I had to. I'm not stupid. Now if they fought me or pulled something then yes, I would shoot them. 100%

But here's the thing...
    The protesters afterwards would say - "He shot him over a loaf of bread" :crying:
    Which I find hilarious because similar things have happened out there with similar results and the protests all spin it the same way. Never fails.

Of course that isn't the reason for the shoot.... well.... maybe if he chewed the loaf into the shape of a gun. But then it's warranted.

Michael Brown got "Murdered" for a box of cigars, right?

The Stats are just Overwhelming. :lmfao:
    https://mappingpoliceviolence.org/

Spin - Spin - Spin

Oh wait...
    It's a trick question isn't it.

OK...
    I would let the coat thief go. (if under $200 bucks) But why would I be selling expensive coats at my little store?

I would shoot the bread thief if he was fat. Only skinny people are hungry. Fat dudes get the bullet.

What I win? :dunno:

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    I understand the lack of faith in law enforcement around those parts, but yeah no part of this is legal.

Tough one as it's easy to understand why the cops don't care and it's your vehicle... doesn't give one the right to take the law into one's own hands though.

It shouldn't be. He's as much of a criminal as the people who took his car. I find crimes against persons well more egregious than crimes against property. A city councilman should know better. 10 years in the clink would be just about right for him to understand.

Knowing better, that's the 'clink' in this story...no one's above the law!

18+ years ago, had a couple of checks stolen + forged + cashed...and I back-tracked everything, did thr legwork at the bank, and found the individual who stole + cashed them as well as identified the girlfriend who was out on parole for, of all things, forgery! Bottom line, the signatures and finger print all matched!

When I went to the sheriff's department to fill out the complaint, I had everything including the thief's address...

In the end, the two cohorts got 1 year for each crime, theft, forgery, and fraud...x the number of checks stolen and forged!

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville

again-

It is a semi-free country. Do what you think is best. You don't need my endorsement.

Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    Awwwwwww. Poor criminals. We need to go easy on them cause their poor assignments in school were graded in red ink god forbid. Thankfully we have seen the errors in our ways and now using lavender ink and as the saying goes ...Justice is expensive...

Top Bottom