• ...and so much more!
  • AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    For a 9mm also look at the Kimber Ageis line of pistols. My wife has one and it has been totally reliable and very acccurate

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I am really close to snatching up a Guardian 9mm

:drool:

For a 9mm also look at the Kimber Ageis line of pistols. My wife has one and it has been totally reliable and very acccurate

Sadly, both are WAY out of my price range to just buy one outright. I'd have to sell/trade away something and STILL pay money on top. :n00b:

That's the "bad thing" about having just about all of my bases covered with nothing extra as trade-fodder.

Oh well...such is life!

-J-

snowrs

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2011
    Evansville

Sadly, both are WAY out of my price range to just buy one outright. I'd have to sell/trade away something and STILL pay money on top. :n00b:

That's the "bad thing" about having just about all of my bases covered with nothing extra as trade-fodder.

Oh well...such is life!

-J-

Ohh I willbe selling/ trading a XDm with CT guard plus cash. I just picked up that CBOB so fun money is abit tight.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Are Paras pretty good?
    I'd rate them as reasonably good quality. I have a compact double-stack Para Warthog in 45acp and a Para Carry9 with the LDA trigger in 9mm. I like them both. Both have been reliable. I did have a problem with the Carry9, the factory fixed it and returned it quickly. My Warthog feeds and shoots everything and I've NEVER even had a single failure with that gun.

Some of the painted finishes on the Para aluminum frame guns (green paint especially) tend to chip. Doesn't affect the function, but doesn't do much for the appearance.

Jtgarner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Bloomington
    I am another one of those guys with both Glocks and 1911s. I like my STI Spartan for the price, and they make them in 9mm and .45 so you have a choice there. The only issue I have with it is that the mainspring housing is a tiny bit too long. I also have a Safari Arms Matchmaster that is a full size 1911 and I LOVE it, but I don't carry it because I don't have a good holster for it.

I say get one and enjoy it, there is nothing wrong with loving both a Glock and a 1911.

ben992

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 16, 2011
    Spencer County
    Wow! Impressive guys. I have alot of reading to do for awhile. I just wish i could go back to the 1500 and hold a few more. I should have looked at the brands of the ones i liked. I think the Sigs fit in my hand pretty well. I cant remember now
    I carry a Glock and like my Glock but I really like my 1911. I have an Ed Brown that far surpasses the Glock but I don't really compare them. Get a 1911, save your money and get a hand fitted one like a Wilson or Brown. I have never regretted it.

turnerdye1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    North Central IN
    Oh thats my enemy....im not a good saver lol. Thats what happened with my AR. i was saving for a higher brand AR then settled on a mid range so i could buy ammo and **** for it! i have a feeling im gonna do the same thing with these lol

Nightwalker65

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2011
    Seymour
    I CC a full size 1911 every day,in a pancake style holster,and it works well for me........when I was shopping for it, looked at a Kimber Stainless II,and it didn't feel right in my hand.....a few days later,I looked at 2 different RIA GI's..handled them both,and while they were basically identical guns,one didn't feel right,and the other one came home with me,lol...I can't explain it,but I've noticed this with other makes as well.........having said that,there is no other pistol that feels as good in my hand as a 1911......other guns feel good,and I like them,but there's just that special "something" about a 1911....welcome to the addiction:D

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN

Oh well...such is life!

-J-

S&W has a nice 9mm 1911 in the Pro Series

But my favorite 1911 is this one:

108485_01_md.jpg

Muntz

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 21, 2011
    Some guns just fit your hand better regadless of the manufacturer. That's why the 1911 comes in a variety of sizes and style of grips. I suggest you handle a lot of different options at the next gun show and find one that feels good. I have also found guns that I liked the trigger but just needed to change the grips to something that fit my hand.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    I have both and consider both excellent pistols but in some ways comparing is like apples and oranges. There's something about a really nice 1911 that is hard to describe but felt when you handle one. I shoot both well but usually carry a 1911 because it just feels a little better in my hand. Enjoy your 1911, what ever you get but as suggested previously I would go for a higher end model initially because after a while you may want to trade up and they hold their value a little better than some of the lower end 1911s...... just my:twocents:

EvilBlackGun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   1
    Apr 11, 2011
    Mid-eastern
    "Some guns just fit your hand better"

Guns have sights. Use them and quit'cher'b1tch about "natural point of aim" and other crap from anti-GLOCK experts. Real men buy what they want. I scrimped for three years to buy a 1911-style Randall Lemay, and Raider, because those are nearly perfect guns. I also own 4 GLOCKs now. Their aim is "Perfection" and it is not elusive. All good guns constantly improve towards PERFECTION. And GLOCK, at its 25th anniversary, is outselling 1911-types by 10-to-one. Buy what you like. It may be both. EvilBG

AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    GLOCK, at its 25th anniversary, is outselling 1911-types by 10-to-one. EvilBG

That is interesting statement what is your source? I have been trying to find it but haven't had any luck. It may be true, I can't find it. The only thing I found was an older statement of the XD outselling the glock 3 to 1

Top Bottom